PDA

View Full Version : WTB (Melb) Stunted Discus

Hassles
Tue May 19, 2009, 08:41 AM
I would be interested in hearing from anybody in Melbourne who has a stunted Discus that they do not want. I have a heavily planted 1200x500x500 tank which I believe is too heavily planted for a fully grown discus to be comfortable in but has ample 'room to move' for smaller fish. I am happy to purchase a suitable fish to be a companion for another smaller discus. This may seem a weird request but I simply want a companion for my existing stunted (golden pigeon blood) discus.

Thanks

Matt15
Tue May 19, 2009, 12:03 PM
Whilst a Stunted fish might be smaller they are sometimes stunned for more reasons then your eye can see. Many hide illnesses which become apparent once the fish is taken out of one environement and placed inanother. Then on the other hand you have fish who are fine in all aspects but just undersize.
I'd highly recommend you search for a healthy companion for your pigeon blood and stay away from something stunted.

HTH

dean_alicia
Tue May 19, 2009, 11:05 PM
hey Hassles,

i think i have a stunted blue diamond(not quite sure) i will try and find out and if he is i will let you no. what are the signs that he/she is stunted?
iv had mine for a while now and he/she doesnt seem to be growing compared to the other discus in the tank.