PDA

View Full Version : New Apisto Spawns

Hassles
Tue May 12, 2009, 12:03 PM
Been a while since I made a post about new spawns but....the gibbiceps produced a new batch of fry during the Easter break and the hongsloi produced their first batch of fry 10 days ago.

The female macmasteri has adopted brood colours but I cannot see the area she guards to check for eggs or fry so....what will be will be I guess.

The bitaeniata female has adopted and lost her brood colours so I am hoping for some success here soon.

I am quite sure I have 2 female nijsseni's which I can add to the pair of female elizabethae and lone female A. baenschi Inka50 all in need of company.

I am also having excellent results using Oak tree leaves to alter water chemistry. The oak tree leaves will easily allow me to bring PH well down below 6 and some of my tanks are now hovering around PH 5.5

take care

Hassles
Sat May 16, 2009, 05:50 AM
Here we are on Saturday 16th May and my female A.macmasteri is proudly hovering above a little school of baby macmasteri

Water = PH6

BigDaddyAdo
Sat May 16, 2009, 10:11 AM
I would love to see some pics. Im looking for a new pair of apistos atm. Tossing up between cacs and macmasteri. Just waiting for the right ones.

Congrats on the breeding success.

kristina
Thu May 21, 2009, 04:13 AM
I agree, lets see some pictures! :P hahahaha. One day... one day...

Hassles
Sat May 23, 2009, 09:34 PM
I would love to see some pics. Im looking for a new pair of apistos atm. Tossing up between cacs and macmasteri. Just waiting for the right ones.

Congrats on the breeding success.

I'm gonn'a "try" to get some video footage up on YouTube

later