PDA

View Full Version : New Red Melon

TW
Mon May 11, 2009, 08:56 AM
Thought I'd introduce my new Red Melon juvi. I picked him up yesterday. Hope you like him

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/TankWatcher/138G_523L_Discus%20Tank/000_1046.jpg http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/TankWatcher/138G_523L_Discus%20Tank/000_1048.jpg

jeffa
Mon May 11, 2009, 09:35 AM
beautiful

BobbyBruce
Mon May 11, 2009, 01:27 PM
I'm ready to come over to your place and do some relief work................

Tankwatching.

Very very Nice.

Bob

Hollowman
Mon May 11, 2009, 05:14 PM
Super looking fish Robyn, I want one!! (or 6)

rwel4809
Mon May 11, 2009, 10:32 PM
what a nice clean Melon... where's he from?

R.

ivo
Tue May 12, 2009, 06:00 AM
hi robyln, beautiful clean little melon you have there. nice shape too. it would look very pretty against your albino white. i think you are the only one still active in the discus market these days, good on you! i am very much bored with mine i don't even remember when was the last time i switched the light on to look at them. :)

rwel4809
Tue May 12, 2009, 06:07 AM
i am very much bored with mine i don't even remember when was the last time i switched the light on to look at them. :)

poor fishies... :(

ILLUSN
Tue May 12, 2009, 06:29 AM
You sure itsnot a her Robyn? very white face and good solid covering are usually associated with girls, though the color enhancing can make it hard to tell.

TW
Tue May 12, 2009, 07:55 AM
You sure itsnot a her Robyn? very white face and good solid covering are usually associated with girls, though the color enhancing can make it hard to tell.

I have no idea of the sex. Re colour enhancing. If Glasser Germany are to be trusted, they told the supplier it hasn't been colour hormone fed ever. I trust this LFS, but can you trust Glasser? I don't know.

I too have heard the colouring means it's more likely a girl, but for some reason I nearly always she "he" or "guy" when I refer to my discus.

Matt15
Tue May 12, 2009, 12:16 PM
Gorgeous fish Robyn..... can't wait to see her (i think) grow into a mature adult.

ILLUSN
Tue May 12, 2009, 12:41 PM
its not Glassers fault alot of discus breeders are usning enhancers as a "selection" tool your fish might not be enhanced, just with all the enhanced fish on the market these days the old methods of sexing melons are much more hit and miss then they used to be.

still very pretty fish i hope you spawn her/him when the times right.

TW
Tue May 12, 2009, 11:38 PM
Hi Jeffa – thanks for the fish compliment 

Hi BobbyBruce – I like that – it’s very funny

Hi Steve – I’d like 6 too, but …. oh well, 1 will have to do

Hi Rwel – thanks. Hope I can name the LFS. Aquapets @ Bondi Junction. Chris is a great guy to deal with.

Hi Roger  Yes I think he will look pretty against my 2 albino whites (yes 2, I got another one). That is, if my whites stay white and if my red stays red. Not always a given about the reds, eh. I’m hoping so. I lost a red melon a few years back that is almost identical to this one. That one did stay red, until he died. (He is the fish that taught me the hard lesson to always QT new fish)
i think you are the only one still active in the discus market these days it’s just been a co-incidence that lately I’ve seen these 2 domestics I like. Normally, there is nothing around in LFS that grabs me – been a long, long time since I was even tempted. But the whites & reds – I just knew I wanted them in my tank.

i am very much bored with mine I don’t even remember when was the last time i switched the light on to look at them that’s so sad that something has happened to stifle the joy you once got from your beautiful fish  Why not put a timer on the light, maybe the love will return by accident, just from you being able to see them a bit better. If ever you really, really decide you are bored beyond return, I might be interested in buying your domestic brown. But, rather than that, I do hope your “spark” returns.

Hi Matt, thanks for the fishy compliment 
I hope you spawn her/him when the times right Would be nice, but I don’t have a male – so not sure what would be a good match. The only other one in LFS was almost as solid a red, so most likely another girl. I don’t like most RM’s I see, as usually they are peppered – even in BB LFS tanks

lpiasente
Wed May 13, 2009, 07:47 AM
good on you! i am very much bored with mine i don't even remember when was the last time i switched the light on to look at them.

Oh no poor fishies and poor you. I know how you feel as I get bored easily looking at the same thing. (Lucky I own a homewares store lol). So time for a refurbish. A new bit of driftwood or cut up an old bit, some new plants, maybe half bb and half gravel, sand. Paint the tank stand change the backing. Then post us some pics. :D