PDA

View Full Version : Discus wholsaler in Melbourne open to Public!!!

abeld
Fri May 01, 2009, 04:05 AM
Thats right a wholsaler has open its doors to the public just a few days ago. Went and had a look at thier stock, and man do they have some good looking fish. But i dont want to give out the location as it might upset the admins, so if the admins give me the go i can tell you guys about the place, because i have noticed a lot of people want to buy discus in Melbourne but no one seems to be selling any.

dean_alicia
Fri May 01, 2009, 04:39 AM
wow!!! thats great news...
what were there prices like? what area of the state were they in?????
can you PM me there details if your allowed?

thanks

Matt15
Fri May 01, 2009, 06:44 AM
The term "Wholesaler" is smeared everywhere just like "Lo fat" "No sugar" etc etc so it wouldn't surprise me if this is just an ordinary LFS.

A true wholesaler will never deal with the public as there business is to sell to retailers. If they were to sell to the public they might as well cut there own arms off as it certainly won't help business.

ILLUSN
Fri May 01, 2009, 06:55 AM
The rules regarding this are pretty clear, if people want to discus the trade on non sponsors then you'll have to do it through private means, you have to give sponsors a fair go.

Matt is correct no real wholesaler would trade with the public, if they did so they'd be blacklisted and no shop would buy from them.

That being said everyone is doing it tough right now with LFS's shutting everywhere nation wide, some wholesalers might have to move stock or go bust themselves.

I also have it from a VERY reliable source that the importation fees associted with trade in live fish are due to rise significantly, wholesales could also be looking to cash in while they can.

I understand everyones frustration with the lack of quality fish available at the moment, but please if you want to discuss any matter such as this do it privately via email or phonecalls, the use of the PM system is also governed by the same rules as the forum and the rules will be enforced.

abeld
Fri May 01, 2009, 08:12 AM
Fair enough you guys have an obligation to your sponsors, but theses guys are genuine wholesalers until less and less fish shops have been willing to buy discus, go into any LFS and you will see that they are selling less discus than they did a year ago.

Sorry, i hope i didn't upset anyone, just wanted to help a few of my Melbourne discus buddies, i wont discus these maters on the forums anymore.

Sincerely Abeld

ILLUSN
Fri May 01, 2009, 11:56 AM
No offence taken, by all means please feel free to email each other.