PDA

View Full Version : Feeding problem

luckylugs
Fri May 01, 2009, 12:25 AM
I have been feeding my discus home made Rocky mountain beefheart for 4 months. They were doing well on it but just stopped eating. They will only tackle live food or occasionally bloodworm. Would the beefheart go off even when well packed and frozen. Any sugestions. It does have a slight smell to it lately that I didnt notice before.

jesx57
Fri May 01, 2009, 03:07 AM
Maybe it's time to get a pack. Or check their faeces, are they white? It could be an indicator of hex or worms.

luckylugs
Sat May 02, 2009, 12:31 AM
Pack of what. Was thinking of a food change altogether or make up a new batch of B/H.

jesx57
Sat May 02, 2009, 12:54 AM
Sorry, should have been more concise. I mean make up a new pack of beef heart.

Goerge_of_the_Jungle
Sat May 02, 2009, 07:15 AM
I don't feed my discus the same food all the time - they need a variety - its the same for humans - if we eat bangas and mash all the time - after 4 months - i can guarantee you wont want to even look at another sausage again.

I feed mine a rotation of BH, Live BW, Pellets, BS and Frozen BW.

HTH

luckylugs
Mon May 04, 2009, 02:41 AM
Thanks George makes sence. Just didnt think of it. Iworked on the principle of Once on a good thing stick with it. Do you think B.H would go off.

Goerge_of_the_Jungle
Mon May 04, 2009, 08:43 AM
I would assume so - all foods can only be kept in the freezer for a certain amount of time before it gets freezer burn - i should imaging BH is no different?

How long was it frozen for?