PDA

View Full Version : WTB - filter and heater suitable for 2 or 3ft tank

Nic
Sun Apr 26, 2009, 09:32 AM
Hey guys.

Obviously im after a cheapish filter and heater suitable for a new tank im keen to set up.

Im in tassie...makes things difficult i know but postage would be handy if possible

Thanks in advance.

Goerge_of_the_Jungle
Sun Apr 26, 2009, 12:15 PM
how much are you willing to spend? I may be able to get you a Eheim 2213 - second hand - for a good price. as long as you don't mind a 5 - 7 day wait, postage wont be a problem.

I use 2 of these on both my 3 footers, overkill - as one is enough for 200L i think.

As for a heater - i just set up my water storing tank, and am using it in there - but i may be able to get you a second hanfd cheapy also - its all about what you want to spend - name you price and ill do my best. (your price includes freight)

Nic
Mon Apr 27, 2009, 06:29 AM
Well something in the order of a 200-300 watt heater is what would be needed i think.....
So maybe 15-20 bucks for that i think would be ok seeing as though its second hand.
And as for the filter.....maybe something....ive got no idea... :) havent used a canister or even looked at them yet.....whoops...:p

Nic
Mon Apr 27, 2009, 06:31 AM
Whoops....i shouldve told u guys...its for a 2 or 3 ft tank...havent decided on size yet....

Cheers

Hassles
Mon Apr 27, 2009, 12:23 PM
For a 2 foot tank you could easily employ a sponge filter (very cheap) OR if you wanted more water movement, an Eheim Classic 2211 at under 100 bucks . I use both on various 2 foot tanks (dependeing whats housed within). The 2211 rates at about 150 LPH so that should serve a 3 footer as well. As for heaters and stuff. check out some of this forums sponsors and I am sure you will find affordable units. I'd suggest at least a 50watt heater for a 2 foot, maybe 75watt dependent upon the height.

HTH