PDA

View Full Version : New Pet Hate

AHC
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 01:46 AM
Excuse the pun. But my new pet hate is tank water being anywhere else but the tank or in the garden. :evil:

rwel4809
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 02:01 AM
amen to that!

There has been a decidedly fishy smell in my flat ever since my tank related renovations on the weekend... not good...:(

ILLUSN
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 02:09 AM
Your not a real fish keeper till you've flooded at least part of your house, welcome to the club boys :)

AHC
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 03:08 AM
My last post about this matter was when i flooded the dinning room. Since then ive flood the kitched.

At least once a week i manage to siphon water over the floor but its only a little bit. Enough to be a pain.

TW
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 04:12 AM
Wet carpet - not a good smell LOL

Matt15
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 04:57 AM
Yer I have to put my handup here. I've done this twice in the lounge room. Thankgod i've only got timber floors thou.

How many times does one have to achieve this feet before calling him/herself a veteran?

ILLUSN
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 05:24 AM
450L tank emptied onto floor 2x
500L water barrel leaking onto floor 4 times (bad tap)

leaving house on while filling barrel then running out of the house 2 times (3000L's was my best effort)

Red Tail Shark
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 11:46 AM
I left the water running into my change water drum all day do tha maths on how much water that was, and i have lost count on the amount of times i have overflowed my tanks, i wouldnt call myself a veteran though just stupid :D

ILLUSN
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 12:39 PM
lol, mate, water comes out of the tap at 1000L/h just so next time theres a water crisis you can feel that little bit better about yourself like I do :)

nicholas76
Thu May 07, 2009, 03:05 PM
try flooding your place with salt water

now thats how the big boys damage there floors! :oops: :P

XPLOSV
Fri May 08, 2009, 12:29 AM
I can't top nicholas76 LOL

only flooded the living room 2x, 4ft and 6 ft empty at the same time during Auto waterchange, need new carpet after.

try flooding your place with salt water

now thats how the big boys damage there floors! :oops: :P

nicholas76
Fri May 08, 2009, 01:44 AM
aaah let it sink into the floor boards ,, try that one

bartek
Fri May 08, 2009, 05:28 AM
Managed to floor the dinning room last week. Luckily my new place have tiles.

Also had a 4ft colapse and smash. Luckily that was in my garage and I was home.

Oh the joy!

bartek
Fri May 08, 2009, 05:29 AM
What I meant to say is that I flooded the dining room! :D

Taz Devil
Fri May 08, 2009, 11:05 AM
Hehehe I think all Fish Tank owners have been there at least once. I have only had the 4ft tank go once. But within a whole month I had the fish tank go, followed by the Washing Machine, followed by the Dishwasher, followed by the Dishwasher again.

Thank god for the person who invented completely tiled houses.

:)

Hollowman
Sat May 09, 2009, 01:13 PM
I used to fill my RO barrels upstairs in the bathroom above the kitchen. I used to put them in the bath just in case they overflowed and it would just drain down the plughole. Not this day though, I left them filling just on the bathroom floor, forgot and when shopping. I came back home after about an hour to find rain falling on the kitchen window . Trouble was it was falling from the inside AAAAHHHHHH!!!
Needless to say, I was not very popular that day :lol: