PDA

View Full Version : Inline Heaters question..

1fish2fish3fish
Sun Apr 19, 2009, 01:32 PM
Some know Ive just purchased the 2217 Eheim, Inline heater will work with this version right?, forgot what the guy at the LFS said..
how do they rate and how moany of you use them?

one more question... as Im thinking of starting the tank for cycle, adding the heater later I know would be a bit of a pain, but fine and workable, just want to get it going soon..
now.. :roll: Ive always had heater going for cycling my other tanks, its not needed for that or is it?..sorry dumb A$$ question.. :roll:
Sue

Hollowman
Sun Apr 19, 2009, 04:15 PM
Yes, you need to use a heater.

ILLUSN
Sun Apr 19, 2009, 10:39 PM
bacteria need specific conditions to grow well i'd set the tank up to final running conditions 1st them attempt to start the cycle if you dont there's the chance that when u up the temp youll loose alot of the bacteria and have to cycle again.

1fish2fish3fish
Tue Apr 21, 2009, 05:58 AM
thanks Illusn.. makes sence..of course it would need warmer temps.
well, wont put it off any longer then...
Will find out I guess when Im shopping if the heater is compatible with the 2217 or not. Hope so would be nice to have no heater in the tank. heating the water as its put in is ideal..!!
Sue

ILLUSN
Tue Apr 21, 2009, 07:11 AM
Generally you want 1 watt / liter, so a 200L tank needs a 200w heater, a 300L tank a 300w heater, a 500L tank needs a 300w and a 200w.