PDA

View Full Version : mmmmm what to do

lpiasente
Sat Apr 18, 2009, 07:44 AM
I have a turk that I have had since november and he is very attached to my lepoard, I am sure it is LOVE. He was showing signs of worms so I gave him a treatment & he still did not eat. Gave a metro and still not eating. His colour is good fins are high but he just refuses to eat. He is pooing clear not jelly looking or white. Could he now be sulking after being taken away from his mate so is refusing to eat? I am very hesitant to put him back into the main tank just incase he is carrying something. Any suggestions?

lpiasente
Sat Apr 18, 2009, 10:33 AM
I have just seen a little bit of green in the clear poo so he must be eating a little something. :roll:

ILLUSN
Sun Apr 19, 2009, 11:01 AM
green could just be evidence of an infection, was it dark green or yellow green?

lpiasente
Sun Apr 19, 2009, 11:04 AM
It was from the new batch of beefheart I made on Friday, well I was assuming anyway. It was spirulina and spinach green.

ILLUSN
Sun Apr 19, 2009, 11:07 AM
thats ok then, yellow green is often seen with heavy bacterial infections, or following a worming treatment as the immune system mops up the bits of dead worms.

lpiasente
Sun Apr 19, 2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the reply. :D

lpiasente
Sun Apr 19, 2009, 09:24 PM
I couldn't see anything wrong with this fellow and as he was in with the juvies and it was time to put them in the main tank I took the plunge and put him back in too. He was soooo happy swimming around everywhere and feeding. Phew. But now the aggression is on. My lepoard snakeskin is also in love with my lepoard and he is beating the living crap out of my turk. The turk stood his ground for a while but I tthink he is weaker than the snakeskin now as he hasn't been eating properly and had been unwell. Poor guy has gone from being top dog in the tank to retreating down the back to get away from the snakesin.. All the juvies are getting a hard time. They are big enough to be in there with the others but the 4 fellows that were already in the tank are NOT HAPPY at all with their new tankmates. I don't like seeing that much agression. They need to go to the time out chair. :(

lpiasente
Mon May 04, 2009, 08:18 AM
I ended up taking the turk back out as he still wouldn't eat and really was getting a hard time. He is in a qt tank with a friend for company but nothing I did could make him eat. He just hid behind the filter and sulked and just kept getting skinnier and skinnier, he was a big thick fish.I bought Stewie home yesterday put him in qt with these 2 and my blue turk hasn't stopped eating since? Gosh it is nice to see a fat little belly on him. Stewie is much bigger than him. I just can't explain why he just started to eat and swimming around the tank. These fish :?