PDA

View Full Version : Metro, Discus and the Community Tank??

YT
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 11:23 AM
Howdy All,
I bought a couple of melons a few months ago, and after what I thought a suitable quarantine would be have added them to my community tank of 5 other adult discus and friends (cardinals, rummy nose and black neons).
I believe one of them has since developed HITH with a lovely hole and whitish area around it on his / her forehead, and the others have gotten shy and sulky. They are still all eating happily, but now hiding alot more and I have also seen the tell tale clear / white jelly poo floating around, but I haven't seen who has been dropping them.
I have 2 questions:-
1. As I wish to eradicate it totally straight away from all fish, is it possible to dose a community tank with the tetras still in it or will the metro harm the littleun's?
2. As I haven't had HITH for a long time and I don't have any metro, does anybody know of a good vet / supplier on the north side of Brisbane where I can purchase some medication?
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Geoff

ILLUSN
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 10:40 PM
what else is in the tank with the discus? just the tetras? the effective dose for metro is 25mg/L as a minimum might be a bit high a dose for your cardinals.

rex82
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 11:22 PM
currimundi vet on the coast mate is where i get mine but aint sure where else