PDA

View Full Version : meet stan

lpiasente
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 08:37 AM
Everyone meet stan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Va1wx85nnk

lpiasente
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 08:42 AM
Does this help with a diagnosis? What do you think of him? Do you think he is a boy? As I said when I first got he he really didn't swim like this at all he only bobbed up and down on his nose. Do you think he may get better?

Hollowman
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 12:48 PM
She looks fine, I think maybe it had an infection at some point that affected it's swim bladder, but it looks healthy enough, pity she was eating so was nose down anyway :roll: :lol:

I am plumping for female Leanne. :)

lpiasente
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 08:41 PM
I will put another video up with her swimming and now I think she is called Sally. If it is swim bladder can I do anything else for her?

Hollowman
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 09:01 PM
Sally lol!!
I believe that if it is a damaged swim bladder, there is nothing more you can do. If she is not getting worse, then all should be ok. :)

lpiasente
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 09:07 PM
Sorry steve 1 more question. She seem very happy on her own, but I was wondering if I could put some of the young ones in with her for company? My concern then is that when they become adults they may bully her and if I have to take them away she may get sad and sulk and then we know what happens. Or they may be used to her weird swimming behaviour and not bother. What do you think?

Hollowman
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 09:14 PM
I don't think that they will take much notice of her swimming, but she is a lot older than a juve.
As part of a qt I would be introducing a healthy fish to her tank as a matter of course anyway, so you could do that, but of course you will have to monitor their health for a few weeks to see if they cross contaminate. But do it, has to be done sometime. :)

lpiasente
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 09:32 PM
I have one little one not doing too well in with the other juvies she is much smaller than the others I will put her in. I have had her for about 3 months now and Sally I suppose 6 or so weeks. Thanks Steve

lpiasente
Mon Apr 13, 2009, 01:28 AM
Is Sally a heckle or a cross?

lpiasente
Sun May 03, 2009, 12:27 PM
I went to the store today where I got sally from and still there was her partner that she came in from o/s with. I had to get him for her so they can be reunited. With her problems I am sure they won't be able to have babies but if it was love what a happy ending I could be. I am a sucker for a good ol love story. :lol:

Goerge_of_the_Jungle
Sun May 03, 2009, 12:29 PM
lol cute!

Heres to Sally and ....?

lpiasente
Sun May 03, 2009, 12:29 PM
P.S. His name is Stewie

Sally and Stew :angel

Hollowman
Sun May 03, 2009, 01:04 PM
:wave1 Oh my!! :roll: :wink:

lpiasente
Mon Apr 19, 2010, 09:51 AM
well a year on and I am happy to say that Sally is still here has grown heaps and looks amazing.....she still is headstanding but has improved quite a bit since I got her. I have an internal filter and she has worked out that if she sits near it in a certain position near the water intake she can actually stay upright with not much effort (who says fish are dumb). She is one huge fat and very colourful girl. I do keep a couple of stunted young ones in with her for company. I was really hoping that this could be made a sticky somewhere so people realize that although it does look quite distressing watching a headstander and they do take a little special care that there is no need to put them out of their misery they are not miserable. My girl is the happiest fish I own I call her my dog fish as she is always happy to see me and the way she swims looks like she is wagging her tail. :D

TW
Mon Apr 19, 2010, 10:08 PM
Clever girl, that Sally.

How's Stewie?

lpiasente
Tue Apr 20, 2010, 10:28 AM
He's a BIG spunk these days as well and got himself a nice little number , a pretty lepoard they make little babies all the time then he eats them :shock: