PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting rif of my discus

Daniella
Thu Apr 02, 2009, 05:59 PM
So I have nothing but trouble with these fishes. First they came home with load of flukes so I had to treat them with prazipro. That's gone now but after Prazipro treatment they were extremely skittish and I thought they would be back to normal after but no.

First they pile up near the glass to have food, then when I start to put the food in the water they rush on it, have a few bites and then they dash on the back of the tank in sheer panic??!!

they quickly settle and return to the food but then the real anoyance begin...they start picking at each other and chasing more than actualy eating. It's quite ennerving to watch them and I am so tired of it than I am considering selling them and going with other type of fish.

I surely love the look but I hate their aggressive and skittish temperament.

I have lots of fish in my life but those are a real anoyance.

I have a 55 gallon tank with 5 juveniles discus. 2 are of 2inches and those are my less skittish. One is 4 inches and very skittish.

I have perfect water with no ammoniac, a 25 watt UV sterilizer inline with my filter wich is 120gph.

Water is crystal clear and everything seem perfect for them but did the Prazipro dammaged their brain or is it simply a coincidence that they are so skittish?

These fishes are no fun! Beautiful yes, but no fun still.

I even got a few black tetra to try to make them at ease, but to no avail.