PDA

View Full Version : Use for a 40L tank

tgf
Thu Mar 26, 2009, 04:28 AM
Hi all,

Fairly new to keeping discus. I've got 3 cobalt blue's in my 215L tank at the moment (along with a gold severum, BN catfish and clown loaches all of which I want to sell off so the tank is purely for discus and hopefully breeding as well) and once that tank has been setup as I want it, I'm wondering if I can use this much smaller spare tank I have at the moment.

The tank is probably 30L to 40L at most and I'd like people's comments/suggestions on whether I can use this for discus (either just keeping them or breeding). I'm doubtful but I thought I may as well ask in here. If it's not good to keep discus in there, does anyone in Adelaide want to trade a discus for this tank? :)

Cheers,
Sam

jesx57
Thu Mar 26, 2009, 04:52 AM
I'd only use a tank of that size to breed, its probably not practical to keep discus full time in there.

tgf
Thu Mar 26, 2009, 05:23 AM
I'd only use a tank of that size to breed, its probably not practical to keep discus full time in there.

So basically you're saying when I find the two breeding adult discus out of a bunch, put them into that smaller tank, let them lay as many fry as I want, take the adults out of the smaller one and back into a bigger tank and let the fry grow up a bit in the smaller tank before moving them back to a larger tank?