PDA

View Full Version : knocked out

lpiasente
Mon Mar 23, 2009, 10:48 AM
My fish got a fright this morning, my cat wanted to play. One smacked itself into the glass sooooooooo hard I heard it and it was knocked out. At first I thought it was dead, but after a little while I noticed the gills were slightly moving. I left it for about 3-5 mins and then gave it a poke and it took off like a wounded bull. I covered the tank went to work and was expecting to come home to a dead fishy but he is swimming around still being the boss. Anyone had this happen before? Any after affects?

ILLUSN
Mon Mar 23, 2009, 11:00 AM
yeah once they get a REALLY hard knock they can sometimes get "brain damage" they be fine then just start darting bout the tank for no reason then be fin again for days or weeks at a time.

lpiasente
Mon Mar 23, 2009, 07:45 PM
Gosh I will keep an eye out. Did it survive? This one seems fine so far.

ILLUSN
Tue Mar 24, 2009, 08:09 AM
it did for another 4 years from memory it was 2 and 1/2 when it went bang

lpiasente
Tue Mar 24, 2009, 09:26 AM
The fish in this tank are very skiddish at the moment and I am not sure why. I gave them 100% water change early today and thought that may help but hasn't seemed to. What causes them to get like this? I was treating with Big L could that be it? It hasn't caused a problem before.

pink66
Wed Mar 25, 2009, 07:45 AM
mmm. one of mine did the "big" head butt" he got a really really big bruise down one side of this face.. it is fading but still there.. he seems quieter than normal.. Maybe he is taking the time to watch where he is going :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hope yours comes good

pink66
Wed Mar 25, 2009, 07:47 AM
mmm. one of mine did the "big" head butt" he got a really really big bruise down one side of this face.. it is fading but still there.. he seems quieter than normal.. Maybe he is taking the time to watch where he is going :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hope yours comes good

lpiasente
Fri Jun 05, 2009, 12:21 AM
This girl didn't seem herself yesterday. I was watching her this morning and I said to my husband that she looks like she is in a bit of a trance. After 20 mins she was still in the same position and I had a look she wasn't breathing as had died. It was very weird she was actually in an up right position but it looked like she was just resting on the bottom of the tank. Her colour was perfect her eye was bright red and there was not a mark on her body. Guess I will never know what happened

BigDaddyAdo
Fri Jun 05, 2009, 02:16 AM
What are your water parameters?

lpiasente
Fri Jun 05, 2009, 04:06 AM
No one else in the tank is unwell. Yesterday she just wasn't her active self. Ph 6.5 nitrite and ammonia 0 nitrate 5 temp 30. She was a very very stunted fish but alway ate well and was active. Very strange.

swingn
Wed Jun 17, 2009, 04:20 AM
yeah once they get a REALLY hard knock they can sometimes get "brain damage" they be fine then just start darting bout the tank for no reason then be fin again for days or weeks at a time.

Have had the exact same problem with my white discus at the moment... I was watching it dart around the tank yesterday but didn't give it a 2nd thought, until it was laying on the bottom of the tank. But it was all good yesterday evening & this morning :D

lpiasente
Thu Jun 18, 2009, 08:42 AM
I hope she will be fine.

A word of warning. I keep the glass lid of my tank opened just wide enough to fit a block of blood worm in. I added the food today and as the feeding frenzy started woop out popped a discus and landed on the floor. Who would have thought???? I picked her up put her back in the tank and off she swam to the food and ate like a little piggy. So now there is no opening in the top of my tank. :shock:

swingn
Thu Jun 18, 2009, 11:32 PM
I'm sure she'll be ok... I have been keeping an eye on mine as well & no problems, although you can tell that he/she isn't quite right when compared to the others :(

lpiasente
Fri Jun 19, 2009, 02:44 AM
:(