PDA

View Full Version : Blue in Marlboro? Long story

DiscusD
Thu Jan 27, 2005, 09:53 PM
I had brought some discus from a dealer to try discuses for once and had great outcomes, they didn't die! Was living with some angels and soon put it together in a seperate 20 gal tank with one other superviel angel to keep it company. Anyways, I was so excited about how good it was that I decided to buy some more discuses. This time, FOUR were brought THREE months from the first discuses from THE SAME SPAWN. NOTE: the first dicuses and the later are not living together. However, they later discus often fight and seem to like fighting then eating. They had some hints of blue in them when I had purchase and now are totally missing out on that. The first discus seem to be very healthy living alone, eats flake, seems to have huge intensity of blue coloring

The only difference I can pinpoint from their differences in color, is that 4 are living togther in the later while the first discus are living alone. Another thing would be the background. Would a black/blue background for the first trigger a instinctive camouflage of blue in them and no background with 24/7 lighting (to kill some speckles) for the later discus stimulate lighter coloring with no blue?

I kno, I kno it's long, hang with me!

i'll try to get some pic later

DiscusD
Sun Jan 30, 2005, 05:25 AM
49 views and no replies? :cry:

come on guys and gals, help me out...

chris
Sun Jan 30, 2005, 06:05 AM
hey mate feel sorry for no replies :(
Ive never owned malboros I know there ment to be red :roll:
I once bought a Juvinile Brown that turned to look like a Turk :twisted:

Proteus
Sun Jan 30, 2005, 06:11 AM
I am a little confused with the question...

(sorry)

chris
Sun Jan 30, 2005, 06:17 AM
sounds like to me his Davids first batch of malboros look diferent to the second lot(blue) I think :?:

DiscusD
Sun Jan 30, 2005, 07:48 PM
well, the probelm is:
-first batch of marlboro have some blue in them in their fins and head region.
-the second batch of marlboros from the SAME spawn and family are very light and have no blue in them at all.
-the difference in their habitats are:
-blue/black background in 1st compared to none at all in 2nd
-1st batch living alone with an angel compared to 4 discii living together.