PDA

View Full Version : Schooling Fish that wont be eaten

Barracuda
Fri Mar 20, 2009, 11:41 PM
Im after some colourful schooling fish that wont get eaten by angels...What do you recommend?
Thanks

Boyam
Sat Mar 21, 2009, 01:02 AM
Rummynose Tetras, they are quick and have enough size to not get eaten. they are very unique looking too, with a poke-a-dotted tail and a red face! oh, and they are a built in water perimeter alarm ive noticed when stressed they loose their red cool significantly! so if ammonia spike (for example) they will be the first to warn you with their pale faces.

Barracuda
Sat Mar 21, 2009, 01:19 AM
Thats cool! What about hengeli rasboras, will they get eaten? I know they are a bit smaller than the harlequin rasbora.

Boyam
Sat Mar 21, 2009, 04:07 AM
i would think it would depend on the size of the fish you are hoping does not eat them. i would say a hungry, and large angel would be able to eat a full size rasboras hengeli. angels are aggressive eaters... i wouldn't suggest it.

what i am saying is you had small or medium angel i wouldn't worry much, but a large angel would most likely gulp em up. keep in mind though they normally wont resort to "hunting" their tank mates unless under fed.

Basti
Sat Mar 21, 2009, 04:08 AM
i have hengelis atm. they seem fine with discus. but my discus arent fully grown and angels are a bit quicker than discus anyway