PDA

View Full Version : Fluval -OR- Eheim? Magnum?

Boyam
Sat Mar 07, 2009, 11:30 PM
Well i have decided to buy additional filtration for my 90 gallon since i have added more fish into my planted aquarium.

Currently my 90 gallons runs on a pre-drilled wet dry with a 700 gph mag pump which than feeds into a Model af-94 Pentair aquatics: lifeguard micron filter, which btw i still not sure if it works because its design is a joke, the water is not forced to go through the micron filter. i have been looking at the magnum by marineland for water polishing needs but i am not sure if i need it since i already have the cruddy Pentair aquatics one >.<

This leads me to the questions; Fluval or Eheim? Or Magnum?

with the above in mind what do you guys think? Fluval OR Ehiem and what model? Also let me know if you think i should forget Fluval or Ehiem and get the Magnum for polishing.

Boyam
Sat Mar 07, 2009, 11:32 PM
Oh and by more fish i mean i now have a total of 7 discus, 15 rummy noses, 5 blue rams, and 4 sterbai.

Hollowman
Sat Mar 07, 2009, 11:44 PM
Eheim all the way.

The classic range are good, reliable, hold a lot of media and are bullet proof. For an addition to you existing system, the 2217 would be my cannister of choice, although if you want to spend more, I still think the Eheims are the best.

hth

H :wink:

ILLUSN
Sun Mar 08, 2009, 12:44 AM
eheim! no contest

a 2217 would nicely supliment your current filtration

Greggy
Sun Mar 08, 2009, 11:49 AM
What they said!

Boyam
Mon Mar 09, 2009, 03:20 PM
thank you everyone 8)