PDA

View Full Version : FS - Geophagus Abalios babies

Krumpet
Thu Feb 26, 2009, 04:47 AM
Hi,

Have between 50 - 80 Geo Abalios (not sure which variant yet though) babies ranging from 3-5 cm for sale.

These guys are the last of this blood line as i lost the male shortly after they were born...
Nice fish, eating like crazy, main staple is spectrum grow.
Will live quite happily with discus.

$18 each
or
$15 each for lots of 10 or more.

pm me please

Cheers
Krumpet

Laz
Fri Feb 27, 2009, 04:52 AM
Hi Krumpet,

Did you buy the parents as dicrozoster, altifrons 'aripuana 1' or abalios? I might be interested in getting some of these if you are willing to ship.

Cheers
Larry

Krumpet
Fri Feb 27, 2009, 08:04 AM
Hey Larry,

I bought them as aripuana 1's but the previous owner wasn't very sure about it either. They do however get that y band that everyone talks about in dicrozoster's. But i am waiting to get a positive id on them so can't really say much more till i find out.

I don't mind shipping as i work in an aquarium shop and am confident in my ability to tie bags properly!!!

I'll post the id as soon as i know.

let me know what you decide to do.

Cheers
Krumpet

Laz
Fri Feb 27, 2009, 08:46 AM
OK, I'll let you know as soon as you've got the correct id sorted out.

Cheers :)
Larry

ozarowana
Sun Mar 01, 2009, 10:54 PM
Post a pic of the parents.

Krumpet
Tue Mar 03, 2009, 08:35 AM
Thanks Oz, I'll try to get a new photo of the parents up by tomorrow night. These two are the fish about 1yr ago when i got them, for now.

Thanks in advance
Krumpet

Krumpet
Tue Mar 03, 2009, 08:58 AM
i mean here...

sammy525
Wed Mar 04, 2009, 07:23 AM
Hi
What would 10 cost to send to Melbourne once you have an ID?

Cheers

Krumpet
Wed Mar 04, 2009, 10:33 AM
Hi Sammy,

I had fish shipped up from melbourne last year and it was about $120. So $150 for the fish and $120 for the plane ride makes it about $270. The postage could be cheaper, thats just what i paid.

Perhaps see if anyone else near you is interested some fish that you could share postage with.

cheers
Krumpet

ozarowana
Fri Mar 06, 2009, 12:49 AM
I'm pretty sure I know what they are but won't comment until I can see some better recent pics.

Nice pics of the young showing their bars. If you can get some nice clear pics with the fish showing their bars I'd be interested in using them for my website.

Krumpet
Sat Mar 07, 2009, 02:07 AM
No worries about the babies pics oz, i'll see what i can do.

Sorry for the delay in getting these up, but here is the mother and the uncle, as i lost the male. I just took these about 5 mins ago.

What do you think oz?

ozarowana
Sun Mar 08, 2009, 01:12 PM
They look like the G. abalios that were sold as G. dicrozoster. This fishes head shape is quite different to the other abalios present in oz (variant 2) (which was sold as Aripuana I). They seem to have that double lateral bar thing happening too similar to the Tamanaco type.
http://www.amazon-exotic-import.de/Gallerie/Cichliden/Seiten/Geophagus%20cf.%20abalios%20Tamanaco%20II.htm
http://larry.meinvhex.org/

I suspect there may even be a third type with a different barring pattern.

The fish on the left in the pic vo's3 looks like a variant 2. Did Tony have both types?

Krumpet
Sun Mar 08, 2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks for your help oz, my source isn't getting back to me...

I see what you mean about the variant 2 on the left in the photo. I would tend to agree with you.

I guess its possible that tony had two types but I'm pretty sure he said that he had bought them as a group and had had them for a while.

Would another photo from a different angle help?

nice website by the way.

Krumpet
Thu Mar 19, 2009, 03:36 AM
Ok so the id has been confirmed as G. Abalios, Australian Variant 1 (dicrozoster lookalike)

http://eartheaters.qldaf.com/index.php?page=abalios1

Not many off these guys around at all let alone brisbane...

Still no interest?

Krumpet
Fri Mar 20, 2009, 08:50 AM
please disregard the '(Dicrozoster lookalike)' statement. They don't actually look like them at all!!