PDA

View Full Version : White Growth on Eye

Tracey73
Tue Feb 24, 2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Everyone

My red Marlboro has a white growth on his eye. The growth is pinhead size and looks fluffy. There has been some fighting going on in the tank between him and one of my other male discus over a female, he has paired off with the female and spawned and one of the other discus has a jealousy over it!

Ammonia 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate 5
Ph 6.8
Temp 29.8

Can anyone give me advice on what I should do for his eye? Thanks :(

triumph1921
Tue Feb 24, 2009, 10:09 AM
Hey there

I am by no means an expert but i would plonk a handful of rock salt in there to prevent infection and kill germs.

Cheers

triumph1921
Tue Feb 24, 2009, 10:19 AM
Hey there

I am by no means an expert but i would plonk a handful of rock salt in there to prevent infection and kill germs.

Cheers

Hollowman
Tue Feb 24, 2009, 06:03 PM
I think there must be an echo in here :lol:

I would think it has been pecked, they often go for the eye area. I would just make sure you treat it with lots of clean water, maybe up your water changing for a week or two, it should get better on its own.

Tracey73
Wed Feb 25, 2009, 10:13 AM
Thankyou for the advice.

I have a feeling there might have been something actually stuck on his eye as I got home from work and the eye is back to normal :oops:

Just glad he is ok, have a gorgeous red spotted green female in quarantine at the moment, hoping that might settle the fellas down a bit!

Hollowman
Wed Feb 25, 2009, 05:58 PM
Good news Tracey :)