PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

leanne31
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 12:56 AM
Hi im new to the forum having it recommended to me by my sister (Kaza) im also new to discus only having them 6 weeks (I have 8). 3 weeks ago i purchased 3 discus from a breeder interstate (snakeskin, blue diamond and a blue turk) Ive had absolutely no problems with the snakeskin or blue diamond but my blue turk hid and i didnt see much of him for the first 2 weeks, I thought everything was fine and he was just settling in.
During the last week he has been out all the time and even bullying some of the others he has been nibbling the odd blood worm but not much at all.
The last few days ive noticed he has had white thick poo and asking around the fish shops ive been told he has hex or he has worms or he is just adjusting to a different diet. I bought some live black worms yesterday to see if i could get him to eat and he absolutely devoured them.Id be appreciative If I could get some advice on whats wrong with him as im not sure if i should just leave him or medicate him thanks Leanne

weird
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 08:36 AM
Hi leanne
:D
A photo of the white poo might help.

leanne31
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 08:44 AM
Hi dave thanks for your reply I ll try and take a photo next time i see one i only notice it about once a day so I ll try and take one asap Leanne

kalebjarrod
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 09:44 AM
maybe a routine deworming is in order

also if your fish likes live blood worms feed it a few more and see what sort of poo it produces after a few feeds, may look different after a full belly :wink:

leanne31
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 09:54 AM
Hi Ryan thanks for the advice I actually thought today that I might just do that so I bought some Praziquantel gave them a water change and added 1 tablet per 20 litres. I also added some epsom salts 2 teaspoons per 40 litres I wasnt sure if it was teaspoons or tablespoons so i went for the smaller amount i ll just have to wait and see what happens now Leanne :D

Kaza
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 11:53 PM
Hello Leanne, fancy finding you here, Discus are so addicted just like a disease. How is your little one this morning any more white poo.

kalebjarrod
Tue Jan 25, 2005, 09:53 PM
hows the poo?

leanne31
Wed Jan 26, 2005, 01:01 AM
The poo is still white but there is no change in him at all still swims around happily Ive had prazi in the tank now for 48hours, told by fish shop to do a water change now and then dose with prazi again in 7 days (hope this is right). Hes still not eating though I went to get live worms yesterday But as its been 38 here in adel the last couple of days the worms had gone yucky waiting for more to get in tomorrow and then wait and see how he does. Leanne

kalebjarrod
Wed Jan 26, 2005, 01:10 AM
yeah you should do a change 7 days after

keep us informed :wink:

leanne31
Wed Jan 26, 2005, 01:37 AM
How many times should i dose with prazi though the fish shop bloke said I might have to do it 3 or 4 times if hes got worms when should i see a change in his poo Leanne

kalebjarrod
Wed Jan 26, 2005, 02:38 AM
twice is enough as long as you don't see any evidence of worms

if you do treat again

and so on..................