PDA

View Full Version : discus hiding and not eating

m.ingram
Fri Feb 13, 2009, 02:00 AM
Hi guys my red marlbour has stopped eating and hiding at the back of the tank.He only started doing this 3 days ago have done 30% water changes last 2 days with no change to him but others in tank are ok.He isnt showing any signs of stress fins are still held hi breathing normal, colour is good.
P.H 6.6 ammonia 0. nitrite 0.nitrate between 5-10.

m.ingram
Mon Feb 16, 2009, 01:47 AM
What no thoughts anyone?

waitaki
Mon Feb 16, 2009, 10:38 AM
could have worms, when did you last worm them?
what is his poop like?

m.ingram
Mon Feb 16, 2009, 12:43 PM
Wormed them about 6 weeks ago both big l and prazi.Did another big l treatment tonight as i havent seen him do a poo for a couple of days.thinking of following up with another prazi treatment as well.hopefully that will do the trick

waitaki
Tue Feb 17, 2009, 09:33 AM
try some live food

m.ingram
Wed Feb 18, 2009, 12:45 AM
I will give that a go but i will have to wait til the weekend to get some live brine thanks

waitaki
Wed Feb 18, 2009, 12:07 PM
if the live food doesn't work you may have to put him in a hospital tank and try some metro. Before that thou have you added any salt to the water? you will have to do search on the quantity - I think I have used 1 gram per litre in the past but just not too sure and keep up the water change, maybe to daily changes

Goerge_of_the_Jungle
Wed Feb 18, 2009, 12:27 PM
I was told its 1teaspoon per 40L. Another thought, have you got enough oxygen in the tank? air stones etc? Are you running Co2?

m.ingram
Wed Feb 18, 2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks Waitaka i will see how he goes when i get the live food. lfs will be getting it on fri atfernoon.If he doesnt eat i will follow your next lot of advice and try metro and salt.I will look up the dose rate i think your right though 1gram per 1ltr.
Hey George i dont have co2 and i am running 2 airstones in the tank at present seems to be enough as fish arent gasping for air.
thank again

TW
Wed Feb 18, 2009, 03:49 PM
Not sure about how the 1g per 1 litre works out, but the dose given to me by Merrilyn a while back was 1tspn per 40L. Maybe it works out the same, as I haven't done it by weight.

m.ingram
Thu Feb 19, 2009, 03:07 AM
I found a post from Andrew soh and he recommends 100gms salt to 100ltrs water for treating sick fish.

m.ingram
Sat Feb 21, 2009, 11:04 AM
Just a quick up date. fed live brine today and he couldnt get enough was eating aggressively like he use to but once it was all gone back to his corner.I think that the other 2 the same size as him might have paired up and give him a hard time.As the other 2 are inseparable now ,only just noticed this in last 2 days