PDA

View Full Version : Eheim Jager heater fully underwater?...

Cooldaddyfunk286
Mon Feb 09, 2009, 11:40 PM
hey guys, first off just wanna say how much i love this forum and the ppl here, this is my first post but I have been lurking for quite some time, soaking up lots of info.

Im in the process of setting up my new freshwater aquarium, eventually to be a discus tank. I bought an Eheim Jager heater, but the only way it fits in my breeder size tank is horizontally and fully submerged. It says on it not to immerse beyond the little water level mark at the top of the heater. I have been running it in my tank for 2 days now. Its working perfect, temp is exactly at 85, where I set it, and everything is just working out perfect so far.

I just wanted to make sure everything would be ok having my heater set up this way. I have seen many pictures of tanks with this Jager heater, and most of the time it is fully submerged.

any imput is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

-CDF-

Hollowman
Tue Feb 10, 2009, 10:25 AM
If its the one like in the pic below, I have had no problems and have run them fully submerged. Must admit, I never read that in the paperwork :roll:

hth

H

peppermintman
Wed Feb 11, 2009, 01:08 PM
I have a 300 watt Jagure heater and i have found it leaks every slightly cause the glass builds up with fog. I have put it above the water level and all is good for the moment. Disapointed cause the Jagure heater are not cheap.