PDA

View Full Version : Planaria Problem - Discus Tank

rburrowes
Wed Feb 04, 2009, 03:54 AM
Hey Guys,

Approx 2 weeks ago, I purchased 4 additional discus, yesterday I noticed about 10 white 3mm in length and .5mm thick worms on on the glass of my tank.

Now in the 10 years of having fish I have never seen this issue before, but from what I've read there Planaria worms.

Good news is that they arn't harmfull to my Discus, but I really really want to get rid of them.

Now i'm completely stumpted to how I got them, my tank is clean, fish arn't overfed and all levels are completely fine. From what I've read theres a product called Vermex that can resolve the issue really quickly.

If anyone could inlighten me on where I can get this product or even how they got into my tank that would be great.

Cheers

Rob

Hollowman
Wed Feb 04, 2009, 06:15 PM
It's always made me wonder where they come from, as I use mostly RO. But I believe they are carried in the water as eggs.

Anyway, they are caused by over feeding and lack of maintenance and water changing. Ok, they are harmless, but unless you change your routine, they will be there all the time like a plague.
Feed less, more water changes and cleaning, wipe down the glass with kitchen paper once a week.

H