PDA

View Full Version : Sumping 1 of my Breeding Set ups for Discus

jimmyg
Mon Jan 26, 2009, 11:43 AM
Below are the pics of me smping 6 2ft Tanks for breeding Discus.

As you can see by the bottom 2 Tanks I had to bulkhead the back of the Tanks as the stand is close to the ground and I wouldnt get water out of the Tanks to the sump.

If you look at the piping on the back of the Tanks and you see the bottom Tanks I added an T piece to the Bulk head so it could breath and I don't get an air lock.

I have no strainers on the pipes yet as I am waiting for them to arrive.

I am doing a 2 week fish less cycle and you can see I have a couple of my Sponge filters that have good bacteria in them to help + I took some good water out of my other tanks to help fill these with good bacteria water.

Thanks
Jimmy

jimmyg
Mon Jan 26, 2009, 11:48 AM
Some more pics, this is my first time and I had so much fun, a tad worried but had no hassles

jimmyg
Mon Jan 26, 2009, 11:50 AM
More pics

jimmyg
Mon Jan 26, 2009, 11:54 AM
More pics

jimmyg
Mon Jan 26, 2009, 11:55 AM
I will have some more pics, I am waiting on my Glass lid with 6 addoptors in it so the hoses attch to it.

Mattzilla
Tue Feb 10, 2009, 02:52 AM
i like the yellow backgrounds... is there a reason for this??? or just colour preference?

thanks
matt

DiscusDave
Tue Feb 10, 2009, 08:43 AM
Very nice, I want one :)

jimmyg
Tue Feb 10, 2009, 08:51 AM
Nah I had my Breeding Pairs of Peppermints in here ansd it was a lot easier to see there babies.

mistakes r crucial
Sat Feb 14, 2009, 05:57 AM
Nice clean setup Jimmy and kudos to you for the T junction idea. We always struggled with our bottom row of tanks and didn't do that. Where were you lol?

Is there a specific reason for having a return on each tank as opposed to either one or two (from each side) returns to cater for the whole system? Just interested as it's different to most closed systems I've seen.
Cheers
MAC

jimmyg
Sat Feb 14, 2009, 07:25 AM
It's if I have a problem I can isolate a Tank and not have any issue with the others, just more plumbing