PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian Discus?

kkiu
Fri Jan 21, 2005, 02:47 AM
I've got a little 2 - 2.5 inch discus that doesnt seem to eat anything but nibbling the driftwood, algae, invisible food that i dont see, and the little green bits in discus dinner. Its been like this for about 2 and a bit weeks.

Is this of concern and how would i get it to eat the other foods that i feed?

I usually feed them bloow worms, colourbits, discus dinner, and brine shrimp every now and then. All the other discus eat at least one of the foods i feed them.

Im really hoping that it will eat breeders premium when i get it.

weird
Fri Jan 21, 2005, 03:27 AM
Have you tried tofu ? :lol:

kkiu
Sun Jan 23, 2005, 10:27 AM
Hey guess what. Went out and got some vegetarian tablets and the little one is eating it up.

Really happy since now i at least know it is eating something.

So far it really does seem to be a vegetarian discus.

Hope it still grows just as big and fast as the others.

kalebjarrod
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 09:29 AM
it probabley won't grow as quick due to the fact of limited protein in its diet

but he will make up for that with a cool personallity :wink:

kkiu
Mon Jan 24, 2005, 03:18 PM
Seems like peer pressure has gotten to it. Although still pecking at the driftwood and leaves, today i notice it having a go at the discus dinner (b/h mix).

Now all of the discii are getting some kind of meaty stuff. :P :P

Interesting thou, today i also go the breeders premium. The vegie one didnt fancy it at all. Even the biggest eater (a 3.5 - 4" leapord spot) didnt seem to like it. But on the other hand, the other three seem to be loving it. Maybe i always expecting too much. :?

kalebjarrod
Tue Jan 25, 2005, 09:59 PM
mine hated discus premium when they first saw it, they love there tetra colour bits

getting better now, few more weeks and i think they will all be eating it fine

good to here your fish has gone to meat, you can take it for dinner at maccas now lol