PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Floor tank

hogangtp
Fri Jan 16, 2009, 06:33 AM
Ok i live on the 3rd floor of a brown stone, is it possible to keep a 55g or more tank on the 3rd floor? will it be too heavy?

Hollowman
Fri Jan 16, 2009, 04:43 PM
I guess it depends on the flooring you have. Tell us more :)

H

hogangtp
Sat Jan 17, 2009, 06:12 AM
true, i definitely should figure that out lol. If it is impossible to keep at at least 55 - 75gal that i wanted for 4-6 fish (the only way that Ive kept discus in the past) would it be suitable to keep a single discus in like a 20-30g something size tank with some schooling tetras?

pink66
Sat Jan 17, 2009, 08:17 AM
they are a schooling fish. I have found that discus really enjoy being with discus.. you would find it difficult if you kept only one..

I rescued one and she was all alone for a while.. did not act like a discus at all.. (she thought she was a clown loach LOL) now that she has her discus buddies, she is way more relaxed.

hogangtp
Sat Jan 17, 2009, 08:20 AM
ya thats what I figured, what about a pair? Im just asking so i have other options if i cant keep it on the 3rd floor

Hollowman
Sat Jan 17, 2009, 11:29 AM
A confirmed pair would be ok because they are used to eachother in a 30. Don't get a single one. If you are on a 3rd floor, I suspect you would hace concrete flooring, pull up the carpet in the corner to find out.

hogangtp
Sat Jan 17, 2009, 09:00 PM
So its all wood flooring, i thought you meant like whats under it lol.

Hollowman
Sat Jan 17, 2009, 10:39 PM
I suppose it's up to you if you risk the bigger tank. If you place it so that it is backed against a supporting wall, and so the floor joists are running at 90 degrees to it, then I see no problem. Big foot pads to spread the weight no probs. :wink:

stormhenge
Sun Jan 18, 2009, 04:34 AM
also two females work nicely in a 30 gallon aquarium, i have a nice planted setup in my 30 with a good school of neon tetras and two confirmed females that act like a pair
so they get the company in a small sized tank without the worry of producing tons of fry and not having anything to do with them.

Boyam
Sun Jan 18, 2009, 06:05 AM
also two females work nicely in a 30 gallon aquarium, i have a nice planted setup in my 30 with a good school of neon tetras and two confirmed females that act like a pair
so they get the company in a small sized tank without the worry of producing tons of fry and not having anything to do with them.

two females do work nice :lol:

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Jan 22, 2009, 12:42 PM
lol

1fish2fish3fish
Sun Jan 25, 2009, 01:47 AM
<< shakes head>> lol....