PDA

View Full Version : How to raise the baby from Albino Pair??

Griffin
Thu Jan 08, 2009, 12:33 PM
I was wondering that the Albino discus baby raise the same way like other discus??
I have pair that have baby hatch just today.
They 've eaten eggs for 5 time and this is the first time that eggs hatched.
Appreciate any response.

Hollowman
Thu Jan 08, 2009, 06:40 PM
It is a very difficult thing to do. I would remove the parents and use a surragate mother, at egg stage, and also cage the eggs just in case.

Boyam
Thu Jan 08, 2009, 07:36 PM
Beautiful pair, send me some fry :shock:

Mickey_owen7
Thu Jan 08, 2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah, let another pair raise the fry if you have one.

Griffin
Fri Jan 09, 2009, 11:08 AM
is that mean albino can raise them up because they don't go darker??
Anyway they are eaten the fry today. i only can see few so i move to small 30L tank for trial. anyway, i cann't see why they bother to hatch the fry for 3 days and when they hatched eaten them.
Eruption pair do the same thing. also now Eruption pair have some baby which hatched today. see whether they are not eating the fry this time.

i have other pair layed egged on 6x2x2
one Albino tur female and albino Alenquer. i'll try the surragate them they just laid the egg today.
cheers

Griffin
Fri Jan 09, 2009, 11:11 AM
is that mean albino cannot raise them up because they don't go darker??
Anyway they are eaten the fry today. i only can see few so i move to small 30L tank for trial. anyway, i cann't see why they bother to hatch the fry for 3 days and when they hatched and eating them.
Eruption pair do the same thing. also now Eruption pair have some baby which hatched today. see whether they are not eating the fry this time.
As far as i know when they eat the fry becasue of danger or only few (say around 30) fry hatched but my case isn't any of those.

i have other pair layed egged on 6x2x2
one Albino tur female and albino Alenquer Male. i'll try the surragate them they just laid the egg today.
cheers

Hollowman
Fri Jan 09, 2009, 06:27 PM
is that mean albino can raise them up because they don't go darker??

It can be that, as well as I have heard that they don't produce the extra slime coat for the fry to feed off, as well as them having pooer sight, all doesn't help them raise fry.
The surrogate method is used a lot, I'd go with that if you can.

H