PDA

View Full Version : what is this??

lpiasente
Mon Dec 29, 2008, 09:14 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn175/lpiasente/Picture118.jpg

This came out of my big leopoard. I think it is a jelly poo, is it??

swingn
Mon Dec 29, 2008, 01:51 PM
That would be a sign of worms or an internal parisite I believe... Can someone confirm?

Hollowman
Mon Dec 29, 2008, 03:40 PM
Sometimes discus can pass white poo, not always a sign of worms, but just passing the stomach lining, could just be an irritation. Monitor for now, and make sure it is eating.

:)

lpiasente
Mon Dec 29, 2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks. He isn't eating this morning but still looks fine and is swimming around, no colour loss or clamped fins. I will keep an eye on him.

lpiasente
Tue Dec 30, 2008, 05:10 AM
He still isn't eating. He puts it in his mouth and spits it out and has done a couple more poos the same. How long should I wait before I worry?

pink66
Tue Dec 30, 2008, 05:23 AM
my blue turk did that.. white poo.. waited and watched.. he then stopped eating (and he is the biggest piggy in the world) and became quiet and anti-social.. took the easy option first.. wormed the tank with BigL. did not make a difference.. so watched a bit more, no improvement so separated him off and then treated with metro.. now eating, has brighter colour than ever before and is back to being a bully.. Yeah.. back into the big tank today.

hope this helps..

lpiasente
Tue Dec 30, 2008, 06:11 AM
I do have metro on hand. One of the ballon mollies did a poo like that as well.

ILLUSN
Tue Dec 30, 2008, 06:13 AM
WORMS

lpiasente
Tue Dec 30, 2008, 07:54 AM
Ok, so that means big L doesn't it. I just sent it home with my brother on Sunday!!! I will organise to get it back tomorrow. He is still pooping white stuff. Thanks again y'all

lpiasente
Wed Dec 31, 2008, 07:21 AM
I added the big L today at about 4.00. It hasn't made any difference to their behaviour or eating. They are all munching away except for the big fella. Hope this worls and he starts eating again soon.

Hollowman
Wed Dec 31, 2008, 11:37 AM
Give it time :wink: follow the instructions

lpiasente
Wed Dec 31, 2008, 07:50 PM
I read in some posts that the fish start darting around the tank and go off their food when big l is added but it didn't make a difference to my little piggies.

lpiasente
Wed Dec 31, 2008, 09:25 PM
What do the worms look like? I vacumed up what looked like a thick pce of white cotton about 2cm long. Would that be a worm?

lpiasente
Thu Jan 01, 2009, 05:01 AM
Gosh, I am worming all my tanks. Even the fish that didn't show signs of worms are passing them. some worms are red? YUK

Hollowman
Thu Jan 01, 2009, 10:58 AM
Have you been feeding blood worm?

lpiasente
Thu Jan 01, 2009, 07:54 PM
Yes, I do feed blood worm but only once or twice a week. Frozen

jimmyg
Thu Jan 01, 2009, 09:33 PM
Gosh, I am worming all my tanks. Even the fish that didn't show signs of worms are passing them. some worms are red? YUK

This is because you feed them Bloodwoms, its nothing to worry about the red worms.

Hollowman
Thu Jan 01, 2009, 09:51 PM
Jimmy, feeding frozen bloodworm poses no real issues here. The angle I was thinking of, was along the lines that sometimes the skins of the bloodworms are more difficult to digest, and can get passed through the fish and come out 'looking' a little odd or like a worm itself.

H

ILLUSN
Thu Jan 01, 2009, 11:52 PM
capillaria worms and thir eggs can be found here, the adult worms i found were a bout 1mm long

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17030

large infections can desimate your stock, BIG L is effective in the water, after a treatment there were no live worms seen, just eggs. if other fish start passing white stolls worm your tank, infact worm all your tanks so you dont re infect with buckets or hoses or nets sponges etc

lpiasente
Fri Jan 02, 2009, 10:06 AM
Ok ok sometimes I am a little dopey, but I am sure it's because I get up too early in the mornings. The red poo is caused from..........Tetra bits that I added to their diet on Tuesday. :? :?

Hollowman
Fri Jan 02, 2009, 10:29 AM
Sounds plausable

lpiasente
Sat Jan 03, 2009, 10:23 AM
Thought yopu would all like to know bowel movements are all normal. :D :lol: Thanks for your help again