PDA

View Full Version : Discus pair quit laying

jeff8428
Tue Dec 23, 2008, 04:05 PM
I have a pair of red melons that had laid several times in a community tank. I moved them into breeding tank and after a few days they laid and a few wigglers a few days later. They did not seem to care for them which is kinda normal for their first time. After a few days they laid again about 150 wigglers. they also did not seem to carefor them and they died. I have seen this before and didn't really worry. The problem is it has been about 4 months and they have not laid again, can't figure out what is going on. I am a pretty experianced breeder and know my water conditions are right. They have not been moved, food has not been changed. Everything seems the same. Anyone ever had this happen or have any ideas. Appreciata any ideas.

Thanks

ILLUSN
Tue Dec 23, 2008, 09:41 PM
stop water changes for a full week, then do a big change (60-70%) with water thats 2C cooler and 0.5 ph lower, almost always triggers a spawn for me.

carnival
Tue Dec 23, 2008, 10:10 PM
I was going to post the same questions. My pair of red Turks spawned several times then stopped, and haven't spawned again for a few months, even though everything seems ok.
I will give Illusn's tip a try too, and see what happens.