PDA

View Full Version : strange behaviour ??

pink66
Mon Dec 22, 2008, 11:46 PM
I have been noticing some "strange" ??? behaviour in the palace. Finn is the Boss of the tank and no discus argues with that.. lately one of the new arrivals - a juvie melon has taken to pecking at her.. (and it is not what you think)

Finn sits in the middle of the tank and allows this little guy to peck at her and then comes back for more.. It is never nasty and I must say I have never seen it in fishies... if I had to compare it it would be like monkeys flea picking?????????? it is really weird to watch a fully grown fish with fins fully extended and just sitting there being "groomed"

Is this a normal discus action or do I have a set of really strange discus????

thanks in advance

pink66
Tue Dec 23, 2008, 01:43 AM
I have just noticed that the juvie is not the only one.. Other juvies are also doing it (just not as often).

Finn is always laying eggs and hassling the LSS male with pick me, pick me. (which he does not - he has the hots for a PB) Could this be a very misguided parenting issue.. and if so are there any fish shrinks out there :lol:

It gets stranger by the minute

ILLUSN
Tue Dec 23, 2008, 02:00 AM
could just be a little tired from the egg laying, try a 1/2 dose of black water extract see if that pics her up a bit.

gypsy3
Tue Dec 23, 2008, 12:59 PM
A couple of my small ones do the same to the bigger fish - and they just love it and keep coming back for more.At times it looks like cleaner wrasses in the ocean!

lpiasente
Wed Dec 24, 2008, 08:27 PM
My babies do this to the lepoard and he/she doesn't mind.

pink66
Thu Dec 25, 2008, 12:11 AM
thanks everyone, good to see that my fishies are not totally strange.. Illusn, I will give her a BW treatment as a Christmas Present.. :wink: