PDA

View Full Version : New filter system from one of the sponsor.....need advice.

para
Sun Dec 21, 2008, 10:42 AM
Hi All,

I'm about to set up a planted tank and have pretty much sourced all the equipments except the filteration.

Today I've dropped into fish rock aquarium, trying to get some inspriation on my future tank layout and came across their new filtration system for sale. The system called "Totto".

They told me they are the only place that carry this brand but I've seen them before on an oversea forums and has alot of good reviews.

The reason why I quite like this system is, it save alot of space. It is a hang on the back type filter.

If anyone is using this system please let me know as I might get one myself but want to know first hand experience from others, especially they claim it will elminate NO2 and NO3.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Para

Hollowman
Sun Dec 21, 2008, 11:38 AM
I am not a fan of HOB type filters, but as long as you have good capacity for filter media in any filter then you will not get Ammonia or Nitrites so what they say is just sales talk in my opinion.
I am a fan of Ehiem Classics though. They are good the world over, they are reliable, have good capacity, run quietly, reliable, cheap to run, cheaper to buy, Oh, and did I say reliable?

I can't find any 'reviews' on this filter, so I would think twice :?

para
Sun Dec 21, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hollowman,

Thanks for your reply.

I have found Totto website.

http://www.totto.co.jp/perfectfilter.html

Cheers
Para

para
Sun Dec 21, 2008, 01:38 PM
Sorry I can;t edit my last post.....

I have Eheim 2213, Fluval FX5, Hydor Prime P20, Sacem Marathon 1000 & Resun....and they're all pretty good brand except Resun....lol.....but I want to try something new as you can see from the official website it is not just a hang on the back but a series of tube which contain different types of media. What do you guys think.

Cheers

Hollowman
Sun Dec 21, 2008, 08:10 PM
Hi Para,

Apart from not being able to read a word :roll: from the website, I still don't like it. You already run the 5 different types, which one of them have you found the best. If it were me I would go for the most reliable, not the newest fad.

That's just my opinion, it must be a nightmare keeping up with each different one you have already. Sometimes it's just best to go with what you know. :)

H :)

para
Sun Dec 21, 2008, 10:41 PM
My canisters are collected through out my time in the hobby but did find my FX5 to be quite good but I can't run it on my 3ft tank....lol and the rest is pretty messy when it comes to maintenance. In my opinion the worst is Hydor, Sachem & Resun canisters.

Mind you I'm planning to have this tank next to my lounge so quietness is most important.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.totto.co.jp%2Fperfectfilter.htm l+&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=

I'm using google translator for the Totto site.

Anyway probably going to try it and see what happen and if I do buy it I'll write a review.

Cheers

Hollowman
Mon Dec 22, 2008, 12:07 AM
I have found that Ehiem are the best, the classic range 2217 for instance is very good, you can also reduce the flow if you need to. It's up to you of course, I just use my and other's experiences to learn, you make less mistakes that way :lol:

H

para
Mon Dec 22, 2008, 12:13 AM
Yes for sure H that is why I like to see if anyone have had any experience with this canister.

Cheers

kevinicus
Mon Dec 22, 2008, 05:09 AM
what the...
thats bulky as.
imo, Eheim. shuv it under your tank and it runs quietly and invisible. done sealed and delivered.

H is right with what hes said about ehims and what else could you want in a filter....

but u know if your really sold on your totoot. buy it and let the rest of us know how it goes ;)

para
Mon Dec 22, 2008, 06:30 AM
Kev,

Seem like everyone is into Eheim.

For sure I'll write a review when I get it. The main advantage for the totto filtration is the media, 8 filter compartments and most importantly it will get rid of the NO3 kind of like a denitrator and canister all in one.

Cheers

ILLUSN
Mon Dec 22, 2008, 07:17 AM
One of our members awth is using a totto on one of his tanks maybe drop him a PM to ask how its working out.
from memory he has it on a small planted tank.

para
Mon Dec 22, 2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks Illusn,

Already done.

Cheers

phear
Wed Apr 11, 2012, 01:03 PM
i know this is an old post but have you been using it if so what are your thoughts on it? or anyone else that has tried it?

im looking at it for the denitrate aspect not the filtration side if it.

thanks