PDA

View Full Version : Planted 6x2x2

barramundi
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hi All,

Just a pic of how i have set up my planted 6ft.We had to dismantle the tank for a new floor going in the lounge, so i thought i would have a go at aquascape.Also can't get over how bright the new lights are, we don't need to put light on in lounge!!
Comments please and any suggestions.

John

barramundi
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 10:58 AM
Another pic might be better.

John

iro11a
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 11:09 AM
Very nice a bit more growth and will look awesome love the driftwood,how much one of those lights set you back im looking at something the same?

Jono

Hollowman
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 06:31 PM
Super looking tank John. I only hope you don't have any 'jumpers' :shock:

Keep on posting as the plants grow, it's going to look great

Hollowman

barramundi
Thu Dec 18, 2008, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the nice comments,i'll keep updating as the plants grow and i have glass lids on the tanks just in case i have a jumper
The light was $730 deliverd it has 3x150w 10,000k mh,4x54w t5's and 4 moonlights -can't get over how bright it is.

John

barramundi
Sun Jan 25, 2009, 03:33 AM
Hi All,
It's been 7 weeks since i planted out this set up.I v'e been away for a few weeks and could not belive the growth while away.The thing is all the plants have grown rapidly (i will post pic later) except the glosso which i planted on xmas eve.I have good lights and also diy CO2,i put in liq ferts.It's still alive but is still the same as when i planted it? any suggestions as i realy wanted to grow this forground plant.

Thanks John

barramundi
Sun Jan 25, 2009, 04:06 AM
Here is a pic i've just taken after a water change,clean and a plant trim.

John

Flaxen
Wed Feb 25, 2009, 01:20 AM
That looks great, how big is the tank? any co2?

Flaxen

barramundi
Thu Feb 26, 2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Flaxen,

It's a 6x2x2 and i have diy co2.
This is what it looks like at the moment,i have just planted some riccia in the front and i have java fern, winlov fern and java moss on the drift wood but it is slow growing and i hope it looks better when that grows.

John

iro11a
Thu Feb 26, 2009, 11:43 AM
Coming along nicely now a good 2 months growth isnt too bad great work keep it growing

Jono

swampy1972
Tue Dec 15, 2009, 05:34 AM
How does it look now?
The foreground grasses look great and is that red lotus at the back? What ever it is, it's very striking. Nice work!
I hope to do something like this myself in the near future. I can only hope it looks somewhere near as good as this.

vanessa messig
Mon Jul 12, 2010, 03:44 AM
Absolutely beautiful tank John!
Your discus look very happy also.
May I ask you what type of filtration you have? how much Co2 goes into your tank and the PH level? I am trying to perfect my 6ft tank... its not easy.

I also have halide lighting but only put it on for a very short time due to algae and as it is so bright, the discus go into hiding when it is on.

I also love your fine grasses in the foreground... it is all spectacular.

marty_87
Sat Jul 24, 2010, 11:03 PM
Wow looks great! Would love to try out a 6ft planted one day! I think I'll get running my 4ft planted well b4 I try anything bigger....