PDA

View Full Version : Stocking a 6x2x2

electricyellowz
Sat Dec 13, 2008, 09:06 PM
Hey guys,

I am converting my 6x2x2 over to a tropical tank with Cardinals, Blue Rams, Rummynoses, some Geos, aspitogramma (I was also thinking some discus but will they work?) and a bunch of various catfish.

I am stuck though on what other smallish tropicals to get to stock the tank as I only have 20 or so cardinals and the same of that of Rummynoses. I want other schooling fish for the tank so I am thinking hatchetfish but what other sorts of tetras etc would look nice in there??

The tank will have lots of driftwood+anubis and the substrate will be the good ole river gravel! The tank is fully cycled and has 3 1200+lph canister filters on it and I will probably hide a few large sponge filters in ther aswell. I am doing this as I am aiming to stack this full of fish (only small schooling ones of course).

Please give me some suggestions on what I should get!

Thanks alot,

Ben

P.S. I will also have some tangs forsale if anyone has some nice tropicals/catfish too swap or I will sell outright.

ILLUSN
Sat Dec 13, 2008, 10:33 PM
glowlights look great in a school if you can find them ember tetras also look very good hatchets are nice just make sure you have good lids

Rocket
Sun Dec 14, 2008, 12:36 AM
I personal like Black widows and rummynoses, which I currently keep with my discus.

Chafule
Sun Dec 14, 2008, 01:45 AM
Most tetras will look nice in a school.
But in my opinion, cardinals, penguins and rummynoses look the best

electricyellowz
Sun Dec 14, 2008, 07:36 AM
THanks for the suggestions.

Is there any other fish that would work that are not tetras that will look nice?

Ben

electricyellowz
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 04:43 AM
Fish are going to be ordered tomorrow hopefully so does anyone else have any suggestions?

Ben

ILLUSN
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 05:04 AM
Glass cats are pretty tough and look good in a school.

electricyellowz
Wed Dec 17, 2008, 07:53 AM
Order done.

Should be getting
Emperor tetras 12
Rummynose 18
Cardinals 18
Penguin 12
Black Neon 12
and a few others that I cannot remember at the moment.

I will post pics when the tank is complete.