PDA

View Full Version : How are these 2 " Red melons?

ujwaldignified
Wed Dec 03, 2008, 03:44 PM
http://picasaweb.google.co.in/ujwaldignified/NewDiscuses?authkey=hFfVcW4Gxxo#527552951834544134 6
Got these 6 juvies just yesterday.
Please comment.

Jim Curtis
Wed Dec 03, 2008, 08:19 PM
Pinched foreheads, too much color to be juvies, huge eyes. Grade D fish at best. Hope you didnt pay too much. Probably should have been culled.

ILLUSN
Tue Jan 20, 2009, 10:38 PM
i dont think theres too much wrong with the shape, top fin is a bit too diamond, the tail has a slight upward kink, but some of my own juvis have these traits and theygrow out of it, they are color enhanced, but all melons these days are, on the plus side they're more orange than red so i doupt they've used pink, proably just heavy feeding on tertrabits.

they seem very clean which is much better tan a lot of the cheeper melons i see in LFS around me.

samir
Wed Jan 21, 2009, 06:46 AM
very nice Ujwal, they are a bit behind in growth, but if you keep them well my guess is that they will grow up to be beautiful fish.

do take some time to rummage through the forum, there's a lot of useful information lying around :D

nicholas76
Wed Jan 21, 2009, 11:17 AM
Hi ujwaldignified

congrats on your purchase.

I actually think you have some potential in these young fish, definetly not rubbish and worthy of growing

Best of luck

Hollowman
Wed Jan 21, 2009, 06:33 PM
Yes, I tend to agree with Nicholas, there might be some good ones there if you can give them the best attention.

H

TW
Wed Jan 21, 2009, 08:00 PM
Wow, Jim. That's way harsh to say to someone about their pet. Even if you don't like the fish, there are kind ways of saying things. This isn't even the critique section, just the discus 101 section.

No wonder ujwaldignified hasn't made a post since then. If I was a newbie to a forum & someone said that to me, I might not come back either.

ujwaldignified, if you do pop back, though maybe not show winners, you have some nice fish that can be a nice pet in your tank. I think they look nice. I have some discus too that are stunted, due to newbie errors. Still nice pets though.

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Jan 22, 2009, 12:41 PM
Well said TW.

Ado