PDA

View Full Version : Tapeworm?

jesx57
Sun Nov 30, 2008, 11:27 PM
Hi all,

I think my discus have tapeworm because their passing white string poo and two of my discus eat heaps, but don't seem to pass much. I'm going to go buy that Tapeworm and Fluke Treatment.

Just concerned if it causes any major effects?

Can I still do daily w/c or do I leave it for a while?

I know this stuff causes them to pass the worms, but does it actually kill them or just paralyze them?

Anything else I should know about before committing to this treatment?

Thanks.

ILLUSN
Sun Nov 30, 2008, 11:55 PM
prazi will kill tapeworms but not eggs, you'll need to do a repeat treatment after 1 week and maybe a 3rd another week later just to be sure.

jesx57
Mon Dec 01, 2008, 03:48 AM
Okay. Thanks. :)

jesx57
Mon Dec 01, 2008, 04:04 AM
Wait. I've just looked up the CPV website (Aquarium Science), and found the Broad Spectrum Wormer with Prazi. Only problem is that it says not use with tetras, and I have black neons. Would they be alright or should I reduce the recommended dose? Just a bit concerned.

ILLUSN
Mon Dec 01, 2008, 06:12 AM
my cardinals and glowlights were fine with it.

jesx57
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 01:50 AM
Bought the one made by Aquamaster. Says nothing about tetras and such, so I should be good to go! :)

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 10:22 PM
My neons have always survived it.... If a neon can handle it id say your teatras will.

TW
Wed Dec 03, 2008, 09:40 AM
My cardinals survived it too, even though instructions so no. 1st time I had cardinals in the tank, I removed them during the prazi treatment. They were not happy about the move and, as a protest, at least half of them up & died for no good reason I could see. I haven't moved them since during a treatment & all has been fine.