PDA

View Full Version : WTB: High Quality FLOWERHORN (with pic of what i'm after)

Mattzilla
Thu Nov 27, 2008, 07:55 AM
Hi Everyone,
I was in Marrickville Aquarium today and they had a 2" flowerhorn in a tank that was the exact type and quality i am looking for. Unfortunately for me the shop owner said it was not for sale becuase he wanted to grow it out and breed it.

So i took a pic with my phone (very average pic of a quality fish... doesn't do it any justice) and thought i'd post it around the net to try and find who sold it to them or who has some similar

When i first asked about where they got it they said from someone on Petlink but then they said someone brought it in and sold it to them.... not sure what was going on there.

I'm looking for a flowerhorn (or several) with the following attributes:
Short body
big hump (kok)
strong body colour and pearl
full length flowers

there are plenty of average flowerhorn in Sydney but not too many high qaulity ones. I'm after the high quality only please.

please pm me, or call or text on 0422 966 020 between 8am and 8pm to discuss if you have juvies or adults you're willing to sell. pics would be prefered so email them to matthewdpritchard ( AT ) gmail.com

thanks very much!!!!

elixer
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 03:40 AM
check this out mat

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Q68h8ZJ3EnQ

jimmyg
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 03:45 AM
Frig that thing is ugly

jimmyg
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 03:46 AM
I mean the one in the youtube link, it looks like a baloon fish

elixer
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 04:05 AM
haha i guess its open to interpretation LOL, but my point is, it started as an average fish and with love and care, it turned into an awesome fish.. and thats why FH's are my new hobby ;)

Mattzilla
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 08:32 AM
Wow what a stunning transformation!!!!!

it really was a very average looking juvie and it definately turned into an amazing FH

well done!!!

what did you feed it to get such bright red??

yes it's open to interpretation....and i say it's great

lpiasente
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 08:43 AM
Just beautiful

elixer
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 10:45 AM
its not mine, just some random video i wanted to show everyone, FH's are very random and can change depending on how well looked after they are.

oh btw mat i sent u an email about a FH thats for sale.

elixer
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 10:46 AM
and he fed it ching mix, which ive read shouldnt be its 100% staple diet, should be fed along with other foods, as ive heard it can be harmful to fishes health if overused.