PDA

View Full Version : Silica Sand

AHC
Mon Nov 24, 2008, 02:04 AM
Groan :cry: . Ive gone to several locations both LFS, pool shops and other but i cannot find white Silica Sand 16/30. I would LOVE somebody to PM me where they got it from in Sydney if that is ok.

AHC
Thu Dec 04, 2008, 09:22 PM
Hi,

:? Maybe i should have asked people to post back here so nobody assumes others have PM'd me. I still have not had a PM yet so if anybody knows who stocks it these days i would really appreciate it. Otherwise should i assume its a 'fishermans secret'?

Ta

ILLUSN
Thu Dec 04, 2008, 11:39 PM
Dude clark rubber penrith, how much do you want I'll grab it for you.

AHC
Thu Dec 04, 2008, 11:58 PM
That would be GREAT. Ive just bought a car so can drive out on Sunday. If you can grab me some before then, i can meet you (will call and get address). If you dont have time then i can go straight to Clark Rubber.

Ive called them and they have 15 bags left. When i went to another clark rubber they told me they dont have any and when they get more cannot tell me if its quartz based so it pays to call other franchises.

Im guessing i will need 2 bags. Maybe even 3 so i have some spare. If its white sand then im very happy. What do you think?

ILLUSN
Fri Dec 05, 2008, 01:10 AM
Mate it's not white 16/30 is the size of the grain, its a soft yellow color if you like give me a buzz and we'll sort something out 0413680501

AHC
Fri Dec 05, 2008, 01:14 AM
Ok thats cool. I thought silica sand was more white in colour? Should i still look around with the hope of getting white or do you think im at a lost cause these days?

ILLUSN
Fri Dec 05, 2008, 01:45 AM
Good luck findinf white sand, its a soft yellow but it looks like sand, the only white sand I've found is silver sand (its a silver white silica sand) but its super fine, you wouldn't want to use it as a substrate. your call mate just sing out if you need a hand.

AHC
Fri Dec 05, 2008, 01:49 AM
Cool, thanks dude. I will go out on Sunday and look at Clarks sand. If its quartz based and 16/30 then i think i will run with that.

Thanks for your help.

ILLUSN
Fri Dec 05, 2008, 05:01 AM
If your heading off to penrith drop in and you can see the sand in a tank, i use it in my bristlenose tank.

AHC
Sun Dec 07, 2008, 09:44 PM
Hi Mate, Bugger! i leave work at 4 so didnt get your offer till now. Would have loved to see your setups. Will have to come visit another time.

I ducked into blacktown Clark Rubber on the way out there and they had exactly what i was after. Turns out most of the stores are franchises so they all stock different sands. Ended up with silica sand. Its a nice tan colour. Will post pics in my journal.