PDA

View Full Version : New Tank Being Made

bradalj
Wed Nov 19, 2008, 03:54 AM
Hi,

Was hoping for some input please. I have being made as we speak an 8x2x2 with cabinet. I am wanting any pipes to be plumbed into the aquarium itself. I was also wanting the heating to be done through the pipes. Initial plan is to run for 12 months without discus, then introduce them later (about 7 of them). Will only stock compatible fish. Tank will also have a substrate and be planted. I want as little in the tank equipment-wise as possible. I was hoping for some advise as to what I should be getting to do this.

Heating/Filtration: LFS has recommended an Eheim 2128 but am a bit concerned with what happens if the inbuilt heater fails. I was thinking of getting filtration without heating and then getting the Hagen (?) heaters put in the piping instead along with a UV clarifier of sorts. I believe I may need 2 of these filters, however LFS says 1 of this or the 2080 pro3 are sufficient, but would like to hear from yourselves. Any other filters recommended ie can I go alternative brands like Fluval etc?

Lighting is going to be 2 x T5 Twin sytems, I think that should be ok?

Finally, what else will I have to have (other than money and time :) )

Thanks
Brendon