PDA

View Full Version : My rescued discus

peppersmom
Sun Nov 16, 2008, 06:12 PM
I got these guys in a package deal with some Malawi cichlids. They have now been in their own tank for 2 weeks and are starting to perk up. The one in the front is pepper and the one in the back is not named. Anyone have any suggestions?

lpiasente
Mon Nov 17, 2008, 11:35 PM
How about hercules. How did you manage to get them in a cichlid pack? I know they are cichlids but they have different living conditions.

peppersmom
Tue Nov 18, 2008, 03:00 AM
The guy I bought my cichlids from kept them together. He said he always kept them that way. They can as a package and I couldn't go wrong. I got 8 large Lake Malawi Cichlids and the 2 discus for 140 cdn dollars. The arent the prettiest guys but I love them all the same :D

lpiasente
Tue Nov 18, 2008, 03:49 AM
They may not be show quality but I still think they are very pretty.

pink66
Wed Nov 19, 2008, 01:27 AM
they have done a good job to get where they are after living with malawi cichlids. The two are very different in activity levels and feeding habits..

My first discus was a rescued discus as well.. (I now have 10) They are tougher that people give them credit for. Keep up the water changes and yummy food and they will love you for it..

remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. I am a sucker for fishy rescues..(you should see the combination in my african tank :roll: ) I would have saved them too!!!!!! small but cute!