PDA

View Full Version : back on board

lpiasente
Sun Nov 09, 2008, 09:12 AM
I finally got the stomache to go and get me some discus. I off loaded some fish to a friend yesterday so that meant pleanty of room for them. I already had some babies at my brothers place, some beautiful marlboro reds, he has done a brilliant job at raising them from tiny fry and then I got 1 small blue turq and a small blue ss. I released them 15 mins ago and they are already out front pecking at the bb for food :D :D and 1 fish showing he is boss. I am very nervous so please cross all fingers and toes for me that all goes well.

Merrilyn
Sun Nov 09, 2008, 09:14 AM
Fingers and toes, knees and elbows crossed for you. :P

GOOD LUCK.

lpiasente
Sun Nov 09, 2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks, I feel better already :)

lpiasente
Sun Nov 09, 2008, 09:28 AM
Can I feed them or will it upset their tummy? They are looking very hard.

Merrilyn
Sun Nov 09, 2008, 09:33 AM
If they've had a least a couple of hours to settle in, and they have only travelled for a short time, then go ahead and feed them.

If they came from interstate, after a long plane ride and then more time being driven home, don't feed them till tomorrow morning.

lpiasente
Sun Nov 09, 2008, 09:35 AM
about an hour in the car. I will give em some nice live brine.

Merrilyn
Sun Nov 09, 2008, 09:59 AM
They'll love you :P

m.ingram
Sun Nov 09, 2008, 11:43 PM
You will have to post some pictures for us to see :) :)

pink66
Mon Nov 10, 2008, 02:09 AM
so far so good.. I am looking forward to some pics..

It is not easy being a paranoid discus parent :lol: :lol:
Hang in there..

lpiasente
Wed Nov 12, 2008, 02:56 AM
These guys think they have lived here all their lives. They are flat out every where bobbing up and down looking for food, very cute. I had a heavily planted tank last time but this time around it is almost bb a few floating plants and some driftwood. I am sure that they like the bb much better and the space without the plants. I missed having them around. :D