PDA

View Full Version : Travelling Fish

white knight
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 12:27 PM
just a question for you its off topic so if you want to split it thats fine with me

i am about to get some fish from QLD i am looking at getting 10 to 15 Neolamprologus Multifasciatus. the only reasons i am looking at this is because i am driving back from qld and they are only $5 each fish compared to $35 in SA.

i was going to put them in a water container (with lid that seals) and use a battery operated air pump with a sponge filter thats come out of a tank. would the fish be fine for a 2 day trip with this and when we stopped at night i was going to put a heater in there for them

para
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 10:39 PM
If you want to play safe, maybe ask the seller to give you some extra tank water and you can do a small water change and make sure you bring some prime or stress coat with you.
Wouldn't it be cheaper if they freight the fish? Petrol going to post more than $50 going back and forward.

Cheers

white knight
Tue Nov 04, 2008, 01:31 AM
i have a car to bring down as well and work is paying for me to get up there for so the short story i am up there free and i have a new car to bring down. so i am coming down anyway.