PDA

View Full Version : SUPER SICK MABEY A RELASPE HEEELP

ChiefZero
Sun Nov 02, 2008, 09:45 PM
OK yesterday my discus was loooking better than it has since I got it but now. NOW It has slime coming out of its gills at the bottom and a white bubble poop is coming out and smotth pieces of cotton like stuff on the side of the discus are present. I believe this is fungus due to the worms it had so I am gong to us a pelafix, a fungus cure. Is this what I should do or is it something else? ADd salt to water, do a saltwater dip?

Could the worm being doing this or do you believe that the fungus is a side effect of the wormS that are gone, I did 2 treatments of levasole and prazi?
could this be discus plague, I didn't think it was because I had other fish die before that are not discus?

WHat should I do to stop this from spreading. I got it in its own water but another fish was with it before with no symptons. I just bought the other fish yesterday because the sick one was doing so well, looked nearly 100% healthy. the sick one yesterday was actually pecking the new one so I assumed all was good. KNow today the sick one has started to grow fungus all over. I added pelafix and moved the sick one to a sick tank and put some pelafix in there too and some salt, It seems to be doing somewhat better too. Right know the new one seems fine, it is hidding but its new so it is normal... i think. But should I do something to stop the other from getting it or should it be ok?

swingn
Sun Nov 02, 2008, 11:55 PM
Mate, this sounds identical to what currently happening in my tank. Wish I had heaps of info for you, but here a link to mine which will tell you what I've done so far:

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17929

I'm posting as often as I can with up-dates so hopefully we can all learn from my / our experiences.

m.ingram
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 01:13 AM
Try resding the advice that Andrew soh gave l.piasente in discus gone dark in the emergency room this might help hopefully.good luck hope they get better soon