PDA

View Full Version : NEW DISCUS!

ChiefZero
Sat Nov 01, 2008, 06:45 PM
I got a really neat discus today and had a few very basic questions for you all. When I out the new discus in with the other one which recently had its tank mate die, It lite up, Is this a normal thing, I mean goinging from a draker color to a lighter one when a new discus is added?
When the new discus was added its fins were clamped. THis is just a way for it to show that it is stress, and this is normal when a discus is first added correct?
New first just pooed and a very thin but long hair like thing came out too, is this normal?
Pecking order, THis will happen for a while after the new discus has arrive, but no worry as long as it doesn't last for a long time right?

Hmm think that is everything, regardless I will probably think of something else to ask :lol:

thanks
ChiefZero

BigDaddyAdo
Sat Nov 01, 2008, 09:55 PM
Is it just the two discus in the tank. One on its own would have been stressed and felt safer once the other was added.

Keep an eye on the fins and poo. It may be stress or may be something more sinister like worms, etc.

Only having 2 discus will generally caused one to be picked on unless they are a pair.

Ado

ChiefZero
Sat Nov 01, 2008, 10:43 PM
Ya I know that I need to get another one but due to price it will have to wait. Fins are better know.
A while ago I had a worm problem and 1 mabey 2 died because of it so I needed to wait untill I was sure the worms were gone.