PDA

View Full Version : discus from NaDiscus

danDman
Fri Oct 24, 2008, 03:38 PM
i paid a lot for these.
I just want others to be aware. HITH this severe occurs through a long period of time. not in three weeks. this is from poor diet and water quality.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q180/GCDiscus/004chris.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q180/GCDiscus/004chris02.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q180/GCDiscus/004chris04.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q180/GCDiscus/004chris05.jpg

danDman
Fri Oct 24, 2008, 03:56 PM
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q180/GCDiscus/004chris06.jpg

danDman
Fri Oct 24, 2008, 03:57 PM
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q180/GCDiscus/004chris06.jpg

Hollowman
Fri Oct 24, 2008, 04:55 PM
Why did you buy them then? :?:

Hollowman

danDman
Fri Oct 24, 2008, 05:35 PM
i imported them..did not know i would get these.. Was promise quality

nchutz
Fri Oct 24, 2008, 07:28 PM
did you complain yet? lowering the pH would help to recover the HITH nodules faster without any medication.

Hollowman
Fri Oct 24, 2008, 08:34 PM
Shame, I love thet strain too :cry:

Xtreme
Sat Oct 25, 2008, 12:09 AM
i paid a lot for these.
I just want others to be aware. HITH this severe occurs through a long period of time. not in three weeks. this is from poor diet and water quality.

Hi there,

Is this the right way to go about Dan?
Trying to shame someone on forums in not nice
Cant a pm or something do it?
The Breeders ur mentioning DOES have quality fish,so please do this privately Dan.

danDman
Sat Oct 25, 2008, 12:18 AM
i paid a lot for these.

Hi there,

The Breeders ur mentioning DOES have quality fish,so please do this privately Dan.

i am refering to hole in the head.
its not something that can happens overnight but through lack of care.

darren burgess
Sat Oct 25, 2008, 05:09 AM
Dan,
sorry to see this,I have had it happen several times over the years as well,fish are fine in their enviroment it's not till you move them to clean water that it is so noticable.

cheers

Hollowman
Sat Oct 25, 2008, 08:58 AM
i paid a lot for these.

Hi there,

I should have picked up on this too, good point made Xtreme.

On the plus side, they are nice looking fish, and with a good maintenance and water change regime, those holes will quite soon heal over. Look forward, not back.

H :wink:

danDman
Sat Oct 25, 2008, 01:59 PM
i paid a lot for these.

Hi there,

I should have picked up on this too, good point made Xtreme.

On the plus side, they are nice looking fish, and with a good maintenance and water change regime, those holes will quite soon heal over. Look forward, not back.

H :wink:

I understand your point.
I've tried to do it the nice way but the supplier does not want to rectify my complaint. In fact she told me that this hith happened in the 3 weeks i have them in quarantine. I just want to forwarned ppl that HITH does not occur overnight. It usually happens from the poor water quality and mineral deficiency. Beautiful fish ruined.

PM me if anyone is interested in the details

Hollowman
Sat Oct 25, 2008, 03:36 PM
Dan,
Looking at your website, it seems that you are a major distributor of fish and plants in the USA. I would therefore contact your supplier directly if you are not happy. Thinking more, I am not sure of the purpose of this thread if not to inflame some reaction. If this was 3 fish from one supplier that were not to your normal standard, then you are lucky. You appear to have a vast number of tanks in a commercial unit, so put it down to experience. I am not a businessman, but I am sure you are not the only distributor to have the occasional poor fish.

To me, the fish look like they are in good shape, not malnourished or looking weak. Maybe latent illness from transport...who knows. At least as I said in a previous post they will heal. Most discus have the potential to have HITH, it's just generally conditions that bring it on sometimes.

If I am totally chewing at the wrong end of the stick please pm me to let me know, otherwise, perhaps it is a matter for just yourself and your supplier.
If HITH is something you want to discuss further, please post as much info as possible about your water parameters and how the outbreak started so we can help.

H :)

danDman
Sat Oct 25, 2008, 04:49 PM
I only hope to bring awareness and educate others that might be thinking about importing. This is not my only issue with many brokers and suppliers. As you all know money goes first then the fishes are sent. Tired of empty promises and dishonest pratices.

Dan,
Looking at your website, it seems that you are a major distributor of fish and plants in the USA. I would therefore contact your supplier directly if you are not happy. Thinking more, I am not sure of the purpose of this thread if not to inflame some reaction. If this was 3 fish from one supplier that were not to your normal standard, then you are lucky. You appear to have a vast number of tanks in a commercial unit, so put it down to experience. I am not a businessman, but I am sure you are not the only distributor to have the occasional poor fish.

To me, the fish look like they are in good shape, not malnourished or looking weak. Maybe latent illness from transport...who knows. At least as I said in a previous post they will heal. Most discus have the potential to have HITH, it's just generally conditions that bring it on sometimes.

If I am totally chewing at the wrong end of the stick please pm me to let me know, otherwise, perhaps it is a matter for just yourself and your supplier.
If HITH is something you want to discuss further, please post as much info as possible about your water parameters and how the outbreak started so we can help.

H :)

Hollowman
Sat Oct 25, 2008, 05:36 PM
Totally understand Dan :wink:

lpiasente
Sat Oct 25, 2008, 11:49 PM
We would all be quite upset if we had paid alot for fish and they turned up with hith especially if there was no response from the supplier. I feel for you. :)