PDA

View Full Version : Hey from New Zealand

Dave+Amy
Tue Oct 21, 2008, 06:55 PM
Hey we're a couple of Uni students from New Zealand, was recommended to join this forum because we had so many questions on Discus on our other forum!
Our avatar are a couple of our new Discus we brought off a shipment from Malaysia (Blue Diamond + Electric Dream).

Cheers,
Dave and Amy

TW
Tue Oct 21, 2008, 07:22 PM
Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Your avator look like they are very nice discus.

Dave+Amy
Tue Oct 21, 2008, 07:28 PM
you wouldn't BELIEVE the state they arrived at my door though, the Blue Diamond was struggling to not go belly-up and the Electric Dream was semi-floating, there wasn't enough water or oxygen packed into their transport bags....really sad

Hollowman
Tue Oct 21, 2008, 07:57 PM
You did well to turn the around, well done, and welcome to the forum

H :)

Dave+Amy
Tue Oct 21, 2008, 09:08 PM
thanks :D looking forward to growing them out (only little 7cm-ish)

the Discus in the photo album makes Amy drool lol - don't often get that kind of quality in NZ

waitaki
Tue Oct 21, 2008, 11:18 PM
welcome! it is a long plane ride from malaysia!
how many hours were they door to door?
you look as though you are very good parents! The golden dream looks stunning!!

Dave+Amy
Wed Oct 22, 2008, 01:00 AM
Oh no, someone up in Auckland imported these and sent them down to us in Wellington...was only overnight courier too.
Well the Electric Dream's taken over the hierarchy while the Blue Diamond's taking a beating from my Alenquers :roll:
I wish I could straight buy from Malaysia - would be a bit cheaper than what Amy forked out for these littlies

Dave+Amy
Wed Oct 22, 2008, 01:01 AM
Oh no, someone up in Auckland imported these and sent them down to us in Wellington...was only overnight courier too.
Well the Electric Dream's taken over the hierarchy while the Blue Diamond's taking a beating from my Alenquers :roll:
I wish I could straight buy from Malaysia - would be a bit cheaper than what Amy forked out for these littlies