PDA

View Full Version : color changes of discus

ChiefZero
Sun Oct 19, 2008, 06:21 PM
Hi all. As of now some of you all know that I recently used levamsole on my discus. Well it worked and I am currently waiting on my second treatment, which should be on tuesday or wednesday. After the trement it has been looking much better color wise and eating much better too. Now it seems like its color looks like a flat black and it is a turquoise. It still eats good though. Its color is much bettter though when it is in the front of the tank it looks alot better, I have 2 t-5s in the middle and a flourescent in the front. Water is just fine. Had another discus but it died.
Why could this be? Could it be from the fact it is the only discus and it is lonely?

ChiefZero
Sun Oct 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
this is not a good pic but this is what his poo looks like. it is real dark as you can see and is its poo suppose to look like this?

ChiefZero
Sun Oct 19, 2008, 11:27 PM
Got a better pic if you think it is something

ChiefZero
Mon Oct 20, 2008, 12:09 AM
srry one more thing, the poo kinda looks white now but not earlier, it was brown.

ChiefZero
Mon Oct 20, 2008, 12:14 AM
should I retreat with levamsole now?

Xtreme
Mon Oct 20, 2008, 12:20 AM
Hi there ,

Dark poo is fine

No dont dose with levimisole again leave it and monitor it

HTH

ChiefZero
Mon Oct 20, 2008, 12:44 AM
Well the poo started brown but before it came of it was a very pale brown, I meant to say its color was dark.

ChiefZero
Mon Oct 20, 2008, 12:45 AM
Corection: I mean to say the fishes " skin" was dark

ChiefZero
Mon Oct 20, 2008, 11:20 AM
YEp, the poo is definately white and stringy....WEll I got to do my second treatment soon so Hopefully that will do it.