PDA

View Full Version : Leaving soon

Squid
Thu Oct 16, 2008, 10:49 AM
It is with much regret (and joy at the same time) that I am going to sell off all my discus breeding stock and other rare cichlids soon including my wild pairs. I am off to live in the USA for a while and Dr Ursula and I are heading off next year to just east of LA. Cichlidfan - I got the job!!

Watch the classifieds early next year for my beautiful little fishies to go on the market. Sorry to see them go - most strains I have are very hard to get but I'd rather they go to people who will enjoy them than being greedy and having someone mind them until I get back. Things to go will include a pair of wild tefes, some breeding Heckels and also my beautiful wild Oscars plus a pair of wild Riviulatus (dont ask how I got them). Heaps more.

Oh well - makes me feel a bit sad as I've been breeding discus for over 25 years but I've got some big stuff install for myself in the near future. But - as the Terminator said " I'll be back " and I'll keep watching and interacting with this site over there.

Squid

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 16, 2008, 01:11 PM
all the best mate!

there are some AWESOME FISH in the usa... lap it up while you're there

matt

TW
Thu Oct 16, 2008, 09:16 PM
Hi

All the best for your coming move. I wish you were in Sydney, as I'd love to be able to buy some of your wilds

ILLUSN
Fri Oct 17, 2008, 01:11 AM
GOOD LUCK MATE!

let me know when your ready to move on your fish :)

AHC
Fri Oct 17, 2008, 04:56 AM
Good luck for your move. Hope great things come your way mate. :cheers

Squid
Fri Oct 17, 2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks all - I wont be moving until about Apr next year. I want to get rid of most before Xmas I think - gonna be a big move but uncle KRudd is paying thank god. Got a test pilot job near Edwards in the Mohave area. Should be fun. Only there for a little while then I'm back to live in Adelaide. Don't plan on getting back into fish until I retire. Tell everyone not to line breed - I want to see some some good fish around when I get back into them again. Genetics these days are horrific - except in my wildies of course.

Squid

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 19, 2008, 06:33 AM
Wow - that sounds awsome Squid.

We'll really miss you and Ursula, but wish you both the very best in your new venture.

Come back soon and breed wilds again. We need you :P

Squid
Sun Oct 19, 2008, 11:08 AM
I'll be back - when I'm over there I want to visit some of the big importers and breeders. I will always keep in contact on these forums.

Squid

silkieboy
Mon Oct 20, 2008, 06:12 AM
best of luck on your new venture mate

Johnny :)