PDA

View Full Version : iAGLSS spawn!

Kokoro
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 04:58 AM
My iAGLSS pair spawned last night, and seem to be behaving themselves so far (in the past, their eggs have never lasted overnight). Both parents are caring for the eggs, so hopefully this time i will have some luck. Only one white one so far, so fingers crossed..

Unfortunately, the batteries in my camera chose this moment to die, so i only managed to get one shot, but hopefully will get some more later today.

Hollowman
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 05:14 PM
What are iAGLSS ? :?

Kokoro
Tue Oct 14, 2008, 06:16 AM
What are iAGLSS ? :?Sorry Hollowman, no idea what I was thinking when I wrote that post. I guess I was too excited to remember no one would know the abbreviation.

They're (hopefully) Albino Golden Leopard Snakeskin intermediates. (see this older post http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17117).

Quite a few eggs have turned white today. About 30 or so of 170, so still some hope for them yet

waitaki
Wed Oct 15, 2008, 12:00 AM
looking forward to seeing more
fingers crossed for the babes

Kokoro
Wed Oct 15, 2008, 12:22 AM
I have wrigglers!

About 70 to 80, i think, judging by the number of egg shells, so only a 50% hatch rate. Hopefully that will improve after a few spawns.

Clearly the parents objected to me peering in there all the time, looking at their eggs, and taking photos, so as soon as they could move them, they've hidden them behind one of the corner strips. I can see them moving from above, but no chance of a photo just yet..

Here's another shot of the eggs. I have meth blue in there, so sorry for the colour:

Hollowman
Wed Oct 15, 2008, 05:46 PM
Watch your bio filter if you have MB in your tank, it tends to knock it for six.

Kokoro
Thu Oct 16, 2008, 12:06 AM
The pair 's just moved their fry into view, so here's a photo. I've never bred albino fish before, so i'm just guessing here, but i think the ones with the white yolk are probably albino.

Watch your bio filter if you have MB in your tank, it tends to knock it for six.

Thanks for the tip. Now that the eggs have hatched, the meth blue's starting to clear up with water changes so i plan to switch the filter for an untreated one tomorrow.

Hollowman
Thu Oct 16, 2008, 05:56 PM
That is unusual with the white egg sacks, I do hope they develop enough to see if they are albino. I'll be expecting regular updates from now on :D

Kokoro
Fri Oct 17, 2008, 05:12 AM
Most of the fry are now free-swimming, and have started to attach to the parents :)

Kokoro
Tue Nov 04, 2008, 01:26 AM
Day 18 of free-swimming, and i have about 30 left. Most are silver with reddish fins, and starting to show some barring. There's a few which are white, also with red fins. Hopefully these are albino

Hollowman
Tue Nov 04, 2008, 07:19 PM
Sweet, I am looking forward to watching these grow. :)

Kokoro
Wed Nov 12, 2008, 11:50 PM
I've just removed the parents this morning. The fry have just reached the 4 week mark, so fingers crossed..

The parents have been in their new tank for no more than 3 hours, so i really can't believe the change in colour! :shock: They were almost black when they were with the fry, and now are brighter than ever.

Kokoro
Wed Nov 12, 2008, 11:53 PM
Another..