PDA

View Full Version : New Red Melon

aquafrogstuff
Sat Oct 11, 2008, 04:54 AM
Yesterday I picked up this little fellow (thanks Matt). He's awesome. What a great start for this discus tank.

Hope you all enjoy.

ivo
Sat Oct 11, 2008, 05:42 AM
very nice deep red color melon you got. i like the look of your tank set up pretty cool. you got to buy a few more discus the tank is too big for one! :)

Matt15
Sat Oct 11, 2008, 05:49 AM
She looks very settled and happy mate. Your tank is looking fantastic too...... WD..;)

EDIT: I'll have to update my sig now too...lol

TW
Sat Oct 11, 2008, 06:14 AM
Very nice. Was she one of yours, Matt?

Hollowman
Sat Oct 11, 2008, 10:26 AM
Nice fish, but a little lonely, you need another 4 fish to keep a happy tank.

aquafrogstuff
Sun Oct 12, 2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the comments.

Yes the plans are to get more discus in the near future, but I had to start somewhere. It's all about money when you want quality fish.

Hollowman
Sun Oct 12, 2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the comments.

Yes the plans are to get more discus in the near future, but I had to start somewhere. It's all about money when you want quality fish.

The only trouble with getting one now, then one later is that you risk contaminating your fish with disease. We always suggest a quarentine period of 5-6 weeks. With only one fish now, qt will be hard. I would get as many as you can the next time round, save the pennies and get another 4 fish if you can. Early Xmas presents :wink: birthday?? go get them!!

H

aquafrogstuff
Sun Oct 12, 2008, 11:24 AM
Brilliant idea.

"Honey. Someone on the forum said I need to get another four fish just as big as this one..."

Looks like our finances will end up like the US econemy.

Thanks for the suggestion. The plan was to add a number of jouvaniles in the near future. I'll keep you posted.