PDA

View Full Version : Which Crypt

TW
Wed Oct 08, 2008, 11:49 AM
I'm looking for a green cyrpt to compliment the Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Tropica' that I already have. It has nice hammered brownish leaves, but I think the brown needs to be broken up with some similar shaped leaves, but green coloured.

Here's a picture of the one I have. Is there a type of crypt with same shape & style (ie hammered) but green. I'd like to plant them inbetween the brown ones, to lighten up that section of the tank.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

peppermintman
Wed Oct 08, 2008, 09:34 PM
Me i would put Pigmy chain Tennellus in front of the plant or a green crypt near the plant.

TW
Wed Oct 29, 2008, 03:25 PM
Hi peppermintman

Thanks for the suggestion. Definitely some kind of crypt is what I'm after. I'd like it to be fully green & preferably with the same hammered look to the leaf as my red one has. So sort of the same plant, but with green leaves. If not hammered, then at least the same shape/structure leaf.

My crypt (bought as Crypt Wendtii Tropica) has really reddened up in the last few weeks, probably about the same time I started lightly dosing ferts

This is a recent picture.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/TankWatcher/138G_523L_Discus%20Tank/000_0723.jpg

I've been thinking of crypt wendtii green, but I've never seen this crypt & for the moment, can't find it. Well, I've found "Crypt wendtii tall" & "Crypt wendtii broad" but their names suggest their structure mightn't match in with the Tropica version.

Anyone know if the standard crypt wendtii green has the hammered look to the leaf?

rwel4809
Wed Oct 29, 2008, 07:29 PM
I find the crypt species particularly hard to follow... so I'm nor sure you'll get what you're after unless you see it with your own eyes...

Those red 'Tropica's' look fantastic though, where did you get them?

And if you ever want to trade crypts or swords for tellenus, let me know, I've got the stuff coming out of my ears :D

R

lpiasente
Wed Oct 29, 2008, 10:20 PM
They look beautiful. They must loooove your tank.

TW
Thu Oct 30, 2008, 01:05 PM
Those red 'Tropica's' look fantastic though, where did you get them? Tropica came from here http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=916 They didn't look like they do now, not at first. Took quite a while for them to look like they were even growing. 1st pic (01.10.08) was taken before I started dosing with macros & micros. (including iron). Saw a big difference in a short time, especially with the brown colour becoming quite red, so I think dosing is important to get the best colour.
They look beautiful. They must loooove your tank. thanks for nice comment :D